• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

the amount of money doesn't matter, it is the content of the conversation

I can give a free consult and still be bound by privilege.

If you seek advice, then it is privileged.

However, the way Hannity made out, he did not seek advice, just input and perspective which is not necessarily the same. He also went so far as to deny he retained him.

Correct.

He is dumb.

I think he thought the $10 would give him attorney-client priveleges.

I want to believe that this is where Hannity got the idea:

XyckHZk.gif

A major GOP donor is jumping ship and now he’s contributing to Democratic candidates in hopes of flipping the House of Representatives and/or the Senate in this year’s midterm elections.

Seth Klarman, the billionaire CEO of the Baupost Group who the Economist once dubbed “The Oracle of Boston,” called out Republicans for failing to keep President Donald Trump in check.

“The Republicans in Congress have failed to hold the president accountable and have abandoned their historic beliefs and values,” Klarman told the Boston Globe. “For the good of the country, the Democrats must take back one or both houses of Congress.”

Klarman, an independent who donated more than $7 million to GOP candidates during the presidency of Barack Obama, has now cut checks to Democrats in 56 House races and 22 Senate elections, the newspaper reported.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/seth-klarman-democratic-donor_us_5ad4322fe4b077c89cea0063

So Cohen dropped his suit against the Steele Dossier.

and now the news starts getting more interesting:

The Hill @thehill
Trump lawyer's father-in-law loaned $20 million to cab mogul who was named in FBI warrant: report hill.cm/U2E4G8t

Jeet Heer
@HeerJeet
The picture that's emerging is that Michael Cohen, Trump's fixer, was all mobbed up, an American front man for Russian & Ukrainian mobsters.

and oh yeah...drain it!

Lisa Friedman @LFFriedman
There's already 9 federal investigations into Scott Pruitt. Just now learned about a 10th. The EPA OIG at request of @SenWhitehouse will look into security detail joining on trips to Disneyland, Rose Bowl & college basketball games. nytimes.com/2018/04/18/cli…

To the surprise of no one who has actually been paying attention...

http://www.newsweek.com/liberals-dont-share-believe-fake-news-much-right-wing-study-finds-800219

Fake news published in the U.S. was overwhelmingly consumed and shared by right-wing social media users, a new study from the University of Oxford has revealed.

Research from Oxford's "computational propaganda project" investigated into the sources of "junk news" shared in the three months leading up to President Donald Trump's first State of the Union address last month.

On Facebook, they found that "extreme hard-right" conservatives shared more fake news stories than all other political groups combined, while on Twitter, Trump supporters consumed the most fake news.

Cohen drops libel lawsuit against Buzzfeed and Fusion GPS over the Steele Dossier

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/...sion-lawsuit-537327?__twitter_impression=true

Embattled attorney Michael Cohen has dropped a pair of much-touted libel suits against BuzzFeed and the private investigation firm Fusion GPS over publication of the so-called dossier detailing alleged ties between President Donald Trump and Russia.

Cohen abandoned the suits late Wednesday as he continues to fight to recover documents and electronic files seized from his home, office and hotel room last week by federal authorities as part of what appears to be a broad criminal investigation into his conduct.

"The decision to voluntarily discontinue these cases was a difficult one," Cohen's attorney David Schwartz said. "We believe the defendants defamed my client, and vindicating Mr. Cohen’s rights was — and still remains — important. But given the events that have unfolded, and the time, attention, and resources needed to prosecute these matters, we have dismissed the matters, despite their merits."

The dossier claims that Cohen met with Russian operatives somewhere in Europe, including Prague, to attend a meeting to “clean up the mess” created by public disclosures of other Trump associates’ reported ties to Russia.

Cohen denied the Prague meeting occurred.

Translation: They have proof of my trip to Prague, and the cornerstone of my case against them was the assumption that they couldn't find proof of my travels through the Schengen zone.

Back