• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

5 goldman Sachs execs on trump's cabinet already.

Dude, it's called "Government Sachs" for a reason and it was called that while Dubya was still in the White House. Obama was criticized for taking economic advice from Lloyd Blankfein (Goldman), Vikram Pandit (Citi) and Jamie Dimon (JP Morgan) in the first term.

To pretend that the extend of Wall Street influence is new, or somehow grander in scope, is to be a poor student of history.

Dude, it's called "Government Sachs" for a reason and it was called that while Dubya was still in the White House. Obama was criticized for taking economic advice from Lloyd Blankfein (Goldman), Vikram Pandit (Citi) and Jamie Dimon (JP Morgan) in the first term.

To pretend that the extend of Wall Street influence is new, or somehow grander in scope, is to be a poor student of history.

I agree 100%.

BUT Trump campaigned hard that Wall Street had too much influence under Obama/Hillary at the expense of Main Street factory folks

I agree 100%.

BUT Trump campaigned hard that Wall Street had too much influence under Obama/Hillary at the expense of Main Street factory folks
The hypocrisy of his campaign I agree with but pretending these appointments are something new is pretty weak.

not only the worst sinatra song ever, but a horrific muzak version no less.

and poor, poor Mrs.Pence.

The hypocrisy of his campaign I agree with but pretending these appointments are something new is pretty weak.

We're saying the same thing. But I think the hypocrisy of the campaign is lost on many. Trump ran (and won) as a disruptive maverick.

please. it's an unprecedented takeover, in both people and policy, and by the candidate who pretended to be anti wall street no less.

I'm watching hockey, far more enjoyable. Why are you even watching that crap zeke?

nothig could possibly be more enjoyable than watching tbe pences forced to dance.

they will go home and self flagellate in penance tonight.

mrs.pence will secretly orgasm.

I agree 100%.

This is an entirely reasonable point. And I agree.

However, I'm also aware of how difficult running massive government departments can be. So, you're drawing from a pretty narrow pool of candidates anyway, if you're going to get a qualified person. Really, the only way he could have avoided this was to pick a Governor. If he picks a Senator or Congressman, then "Hey, what happened to drain the Swamp?". He picks a non-banking businessman - say Peter Thiel - and we get the Billionaires Club criticism.

And look at Rick Perry's confirmation. That guy ran the second largest state in the Union. Would you have wanted him in charge of the US economy?

We're saying the same thing. But I think the hypocrisy of the campaign is lost on many. Trump ran (and won) as a disruptive maverick.
But in all seriousness, who did people think he'd get to run the Fed? Joe the plumber?

This is an entirely reasonable point. And I agree.

However, I'm also aware of how difficult running massive government departments can be. So, you're drawing from a pretty narrow pool of candidates anyway, if you're going to get a qualified person. Really, the only way he could have avoided this was to pick a Governor. If he picks a Senator or Congressman, then "Hey, what happened to drain the Swamp?". He picks a non-banking businessman - say Peter Thiel - and we get the Billionaires Club criticism.

And look at Rick Perry's confirmation. That guy ran the second largest state in the Union. Would you have wanted him in charge of the US economy?

Sure it's a challenge, but I don't think he tried hard enough. Not our job to deliver what he promised. It's his.

nothig could possibly be more enjoyable than watching tbe pences forced to dance.

they will go home and self flagellate in penance tonight.

mrs.pence will secretly orgasm.

and then mike will sneak into the bathroom to finish off to thoughts of bruce and harry.

Back