• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

anyway, coming out of nowhere is a lot easier in the age of social media. the gatekeepers are losing their grip across the board

No man named Castro will win a presidential election, not for some time. He definitely won't win Florida.

Eight years after Osama Bin Laden materminded the largest terrorist attack on American soil, the President of the United States was Barack Hussein Obama.

Seven years after America fought its second war against Germany in 30 years, the President's last name was Eisenhower.

I understand your impulse, but I'm not sure it's been true in American history.

Eight years after Osama Bin Laden materminded the largest terrorist attack on American soil, the President of the United States was Barack Hussein Obama.

Seven years after America fought its second war against Germany in 30 years, the President's last name was Eisenhower.

I think it's more that the rust belt won't vote for a Hispanic-American.

Ironic that after Trump's victory that people confidently toss out the word never.

I don't really see anyone "condoning incest" here.

Just a bunch of people who generally disapprove of Trump's sexual relationship with his daughter.

Yup that seems to be my take on it. People are actually against incest, and against a father having a ****ing creepy relationship with his daughter; not condoning it.

Yup that seems to be my take on it. People are actually against incest, and against a father having a ****ing creepy relationship with his daughter; not condoning it.
Joking about it makes light of the seriousness.

I'm done though, some people just don't understand the depraved destruction of a life.

I think it'll be a candidate that comes out of nowhere like Obama did. They'll find another charismatic person. Hillary is far from charismatic.

Obama didn't come out of nowhere. He had a huge night on election night in 2004 and was already being talked about as being groomed to run.

I think it's more that the rust belt won't vote for a Hispanic-American.

The Electoral College is about shifting coalitions. If you lose Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, but you put Arizona + Texas in play?

Also, we're just speculating about who will be the Democratic nominee. Winning the election is a whole other beast.

Castro has at least the beginnings of what it would take the win the Democratic nomination.

Obama didn't come out of nowhere. He had a huge night on election night in 2004 and was already being talked about as being groomed to run.

I always regretted that he won so soon. I think Hillary would have been a fine Prez in 08. Obama would have spent some time learning the ropes, figuring out how poisoned and partisan the scene was and he'd be ready from the get go in 2016. I don't think he was ready in 08 -- it was a very tough period and he was too inexperienced to fully exploit the Dem majority in congress and senate.

I always regretted that he won so soon. I think Hillary would have been a fine Prez in 08. Obama would have spent some time learning the ropes, figuring out how poisoned and partisan the scene was and he'd be ready from the get go in 2016. I don't think he was ready in 08 -- it was a very tough period and he was too inexperienced to fully exploit the Dem majority in congress and senate.

Yup.

Back