• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Canadians know what average Americans think.

who said anything about what people think?

if you think most poor people have their lot in life because they're lazy i suggest you educate yourself. it's a callous, rdiiculous notion with scant evidence to back it up (other than a few anecdotal story about people abusing social assistance).

Yup its awful that the government blows money on other things like roads, public transportation, a police dept, an education system, the arts, recreational facilities, a fire department, environmental protection, garbage disposal, infrastructure, etc... etc...

Only should be spent on sick and poor.

Yup its awful that the government blows money on other things like roads, public transportation, a police dept, an education system, the arts, recreational facilities, a fire department, environmental protection, garbage disposal, infrastructure, etc... etc...

Only should be spent on sick and poor.

These things benefit everyone. Sick and poor, and healthy and rich.

Obviously we need to keep investing in these things, but we need to do it wisely.

who said anything about what people think?

if you think most poor people have their lot in life because they're lazy i suggest you educate yourself. it's a callous, rdiiculous notion with scant evidence to back it up (other than a few anecdotal story about people abusing social assistance).
I've lived in the US for extensive periods. This in fact is a mindset shared by many. It is a central idea that derives people's ideologies.

Way to draw several wrong conclusions.

I work for myself. Literally every dollar I make is a dollar I generated through hard work and sacrifice. I do corporate work, but I'm not representing Fortune 500s like I did when I was getting experience at my old firm. I represent a lot of smaller businesses and individuals, and sure, a bunch of larger companies and wealthier individuals. But so the **** what?

It's like you think it disqualifies me from knowing something? Meanwhile, you're literally following almost the same path I took, just in Canada, and you've got the insight into day to day life in the US, much more than I do?

I mean, only that can explain the condescension of your post, right, dipshit?

Serious question here: what sacrifices have you made ?

Serious question here: what sacrifices have you made ?

You're asking me to share details of my personal life that I'm not comfortable sharing here.

But in general terms I can tell you that from childhood through adulthood, I've had many, many setbacks tied to family, health, money, and just the general roadblocks of trying to break through in my career that most would think are pretty tough to overcome in the aggregate. And if you think that anyone gets to anywhere in business without sacrificing significant portions of their life, then you have no idea what work is about at all.

But mbow seems to know more about me than myself, so he should probably provide the details. I'm also waiting for him to tell us all how he qualifies as the authority on the average US household and American life and business, moreso than people who have been living and working in the US for a couple of decades or more.

in my life ive been lucky enough to associate with the richest and the poorest, and i can tell you it's not work ethic that seperates the two.

The fiscal issue facing all aging, industrialized countries is health care spending.

This is an acturial certainty and it implicates everyone.

So, the question is this: is the body politic willing to expose the huge middle class, the vast majority of whom have worked hard and played by the rules, to be exposed to the financial implicationss brought about lottery of catastrophic illness? This is not a guessing game, people will get sick - we just don't know who.

The rest of it... Social Security, food stamps, etc. are just details or distractions to make the self-styled John Galt types mad.

For health care to work there has to be a dichotomy; people deserve to make money, but if you are trying to profit from the health industry you will just make every stage of health care less and less affordable.

Somehow we need to find a way to get the greed out of the system...now how the **** we get people to be less greedy is beyond me.

Back