• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Depends on the definition, but I do know the antifa types do not protest the Lenin statue in Seattle, often wear shirts of communist leaders like Castro etc. I also know the Nazis definitely didn't like the Bolsheviks.

Don't forget Che Guevara, Castro's murdering butcher. I've actually asked kids wearing Che shirts if they even knew what he stood for and did. They did not.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ources-trump-dossier-report-article-1.3433372

The British spy behind a salacious “dossier” on President Trump has told the FBI about his sources for the document, according to a report.

Former MI6 agent Christopher Steele authored the 35-page unsubstantiated report published online in January, which alleged that blackmail against Trump was being used by Kremlin officials in an election interference plot.

Investigations into that alleged meddling have been trying to talk to Steele, who has experience in the former Soviet Union and disappeared after his dossier became public,with ABC News reporting that he has now met with the FBI.

He reportedly told investigators about the names of his sources, identified only by letters in the dossier.

tvThWo0.gif

The upshot of course is that we'll likely walk out of this with a better deal than we started with, because Trump is shite.

The upshot of course is that we'll likely walk out of this with a better deal than we started with, because Trump is shite.

This is fully what I expect. He just wants a deal so he can blab on about what a great deal he made. It is probably much like health care - he has zero interest in the nuts and bolts or actual policy ramifications.

People on the far left and far right are kinda weird.

Everyone just needs to be a normal Liberal - and just accept everyone for who they are and provide services and a standard of living that everyone needs. Life shouldn't be this scary/tense.

You both know these are incel losers.

There is no single demographic more dangerous than young, unmarried men performing poor financially in life.

Call the incel losers all you want, the original Nazi movement would have been full of disillusioned young men with no direction in life too. This is why the message of hatred is so dangerous once it gets between their ears. They suck at life and badly need someone else to blame for the sake of their egos and self image.

Nah, that demographic is dangerous in any society. The biggest economic tie between crime (of any sort) and poverty is in that demo. Squeeze that demo too hard and you have the conditions for revolution...in any society.

Nah, that demographic is dangerous in any society. The biggest economic tie between crime (of any sort) and poverty is in that demo. Squeeze that demo too hard and you have the conditions for revolution...in any society.

Fair enough --- but poor people who aren't starving and have some sort of political influence have a greater opportunity to change history.

I have a hard time blaming oppressed poor people in impoverished counties (or even First Nations in developed countries like Canada) for being angry.

Last edited:
There's the can of worms.

Yes, they were fascists. That's Johnny's point. Antifa are also fascists.

Anti-fascist doesn't imply the Dictatorship of the Proletariat.

e.g. George Orwell fought against fascism but also wrote Animal Farm.

It's still a bullshit false equivalency.

Well it's a little different when your country is in the position Germany was in after WW1. The circumstances were ripe for a Hitler to rise up.

You can't compare these home depot / cosplay white supremacists to Nazis anymore than you can compare the alt-left to the Stasi.

the point is those protestors only seem to be opposed to right wing fascism and corporatism, not to the left wing governments.

Conversely those they call fascists aren't. The techniques used by some of these groups are similar to those used by fascists. You may disagree and will leave it there.

Back