• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I guess the question is why you consider this to be "news", it's not on the front page of CNN. It was a quick throwaway post by Zeke. I don't think he even commented on it. If you don't find it interesting, scroll past it and move on.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/16/politics/tillerson-trump-truth/index.html

Rex Tillerson may be gone, but he hasn't forgotten.

Speaking to soon-to-be graduates of the Virginia Military Institute on Wednesday, Tillerson dropped this truth bomb:

"If our leaders seek to conceal the truth, or we as people become accepting of alternative realities that are no longer grounded in facts, then we as American citizens are on a pathway to relinquishing our freedom."

Rudy is straight up bonkers

@FoxNews

Rudy Giuliani on Russia investigation: "When I ran against [Democrats] they were looking for dirt on me every day, I mean, that's what you do...Nothing illegal about that. And even if it comes from a Russian or a German or an American, it doesn't matter."

Giuliani said Mueller appeared displeased when the deputy spoke up. He compared the special counsel’s reaction to that of Vito Corleone, the mob boss that Marlon Brando played in the movie “The Godfather.”

“He didn’t seem to want to give the answer,” Giuliani said. “It reminded me of that scene in ‘The Godfather,’ with Sonny and the Godfather, where he said, ‘Oh, you’re going to take care of us? We can take care of ourselves.’ One of his assistants broke in and said, ‘Well of course, we’re bound by Justice Department policies.’ Mueller looked at him like, ‘Don’t interrupt me.’ ”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/muellers-team-told-trumps-lawyers-the-special-counsel-cannot-indict-a-sitting-president/2018/05/16/cf4d5700-5961-11e8-858f-12becb4d6067_story.html?utm_term=.83262c26f23c

@davepell

Warning: Do not mix Giuliani interviews with indica. It’s too trippy.

oj-if-i-did-it-book.jpg

So now it looks like the Treasurary department is covering up for Cohen. Employees saw what was going on and leaked Cohen’s financial record because of it. Though, three big transactions are missing.

So now it looks like the Treasurary department is covering up for Cohen. Employees saw what was going on and leaked Cohen’s financial record because of it. Though, three big transactions are missing.

Mueller would already have those records, even the "missing" transactions.

Avenatti is a nice addition to all of this, but he's not the essential piece. Mueller is months ahead of the public narrative.

Steven Portnoy @stevenportnoy
36s
JUST IN: "The Libyan model is not the model that we have at all," Trump says, rejecting a phrase his national security adviser used for two whole weeks.

Ken Thomas @KThomasDC
15m
WASHINGTON (AP) _ Trump says if North Korea's Kim Jong Un denuclearizes, then `he'll get protections that would be very strong'

John Harwood @JohnJHarwood
5m
Trump calls trade deals unlikely because China and EU have become "spoiled" from taking advantage of US

New York Post Metro @nypmetro
37m
Cynthia Nixon holds rally in packed subway station during rush-hour delays nyp.st/2wPDfsn

DdaqKAKVQAIYumQ.jpg:large

heh.

I don't get the photo.

Also it's pretty clear that Trump and co have no coherent approach to dealing with KJU and NK. This administration makes me sad.

Julian Borger
@julianborger
Trump threat to Kim Jung-un. Make a deal or end up like Gaddafi.
"If you look at that model with Gaddafi, that was a total decimation. We went in to beat him. Now that model would take place if we don't make a deal, most likely."

terrible as this sounds, you really cannot believe or take at face value anything that comes from this administration. they'll flip flop or backtrack or change their mind the next day. or even hour.

Back