• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

so trump paid 34k/mo rent to trump towers offices when he was self fundin in primaries.

once he started to campaign for donations, he hiked that rent to 180k.

suckers.

He's really not. I don't like Hillary at all, but she would be a very respectable president in all likelihood. She's an establishment hack, but at least she would maintain the status quo and not potentially plunge the world into apocalyptic war.

not to mention that his campaign is funnelling even more cash to his kids' and their friends' "busineses".

Art of the Deal, p.58:

"I play to people's fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That's why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular."

so the fbi found another 15k of hillary's "deleted" emails. surely there must be a smoking gun or two hidden in those "intentionally secretly deleted emails", no?

The #1 reason by a mile, that I'm stoked for a Hillary Presidency...

http://www.vox.com/2016/8/22/12484000/supreme-court-liberal-clinton

As much as I love Obama, and he'll deserve his fair share of credit for the shaping of the courts he did himself. But the turn that country is going to make for the better, on account of her appointments is going to be phenomenally impactful over the next 20+ years.

She'll be a fine President & will accomplish plenty in her 4-8 years, but nothing that will matter as much as those appointments will. That's the element of this election that is going to bear fruit for decades of American progressiveness.

Getting Merrick Garland approved virtually the day she wins the election is going to be particularly satisfying.

it cannot be overstated how much of the current political and cultural situation in america is due to one activist judge in Anton Scalia.

superpacs, gun control, abortion, voting rights, civil rights - without Scalia the situation would be vastly different on all fronts.

it cannot be overstated how much of the current political and cultural situation in america is due to one activist judge in Anton Scalia.

superpacs, gun control, abortion, voting rights, civil rights - without Scalia the situation would be vastly different on all fronts.

Yeah, I'm not one to tap dance on a grave, I would have been just as happy with him stepping down...but **** me did he ever set the US back a decade or three.

Takes five votes, not one.

Art of the Deal, p.58:

"I play to people's fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That's why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular."

Even the ghostwriter of that book thinks he is unfit to be president:

http://www.npr.org/2016/07/21/48692...stwriter-on-why-trump-should-not-be-president

Schwartz tells All Things Considered's Robert Siegel that he is speaking out now because he is extremely concerned about what Trump would be like as a president.

He says the portrait that he painted of Trump in The Art of the Deal is not accurate.

"I helped to paint Trump as a vastly more appealing human being than he actually is. And I have no pride about that. ... I did it for the money. It's certainly weighed on me over the years," Schwartz says. "Now, since he's ... in a position to potentially become president, it makes my decision back then look very different than it did at the time."

Schwartz spent 18 months on the book, including eight or nine months sitting in Trump's office virtually every morning to get the information he needed.

"One of the chief things I'm concerned about is the limits of his attention span, which are as severe as any person I think I've ever met," Schwartz says. "No matter what question I asked, he would become impatient with it pretty quickly, and literally, from the very first time I sat down to start interviewing him, after about 10 or 15 minutes, he said, 'You know, I don't really wanna talk about this stuff, I'm not interested in it, I mean it's over, it's the past, I'm done with it, what else have you got?' "

The idea of a president in an "incredibly complex and threatening world who can't pay attention is itself frightening," Schwartz says.

Add to that the fact that Trump is so easily provoked, that what Schwartz calls Trump's insecurity "makes him incredibly reactive whenever he feels threatened, which is very, very often."

As an example, Schwartz says, his interview in The New Yorker came out on Monday. On Tuesday, he received "a long and threatening letter from his lawyer designed, I think, to muzzle me."

http://www.someecards.com/news/poli...burning-car-jack-kingston-brianna-keilar-cnn/

"Trump's spokesperson, former congressman Jack Kingston (R-GA), joking that "maybe" Trump's outreach to African Americans might have been more authentic "if he went and had a backdrop with a burning car." This was in response to a question about a Trump address aimed at black voters in Milwaukee being delivered to a white audience in a white area. You might be skeptical that anyone professionally involved in politics would do this, but as always there is footage"

Last edited:
prime-time-o.gif

So overall, the Republicans have generally been trending upwards among non-white voters since 1968.

Nice!

Back