• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Horseshit.

We get quite the dose of Fredricka Wilson down here. She's a self-serving, attention seeking bitch.

I have no doubt Trump tripped on his words but what Kelly did wasn't "pretty awful". Wilson politicized the death and the call, that's what's "pretty awful".

Your sheer hatred for Trump is blinding you. What Kelly basically said is "stop it". I agree with him. Plenty of other things to argue about.

Ridiculous.

Trump brought up the damn phone calls after saying nothing about the soldiers' deaths for two weeks. He lied about previous presidents not making those calls. He specifically brought up John Kelly's son to justify the lie. He personally offended the soldiers' family in the phone call. That was all trump. all of it.

Your hatred for libs is blinding you.

Yeah Fredricka Wilson is a saint.

I'm not going to defend Trump in the least but the **** I'm going to agree with your asinine opinion on Kelly.

It would've been completely reasonable to suggest that Trump was taken out of context but feels horrible that his words were misinterpreted and caused pain to a grieving widow. Not sure why there was no acknowledgement of that...

Take Wilson out of it. If the widow was upset by the comment, explain what you meant and apologize for unintentionally upsetting her. That's it, that's all.

It would've been completely reasonable to suggest that Trump was taken out of context but feels horrible that his words were misinterpreted and caused pain to a grieving widow. Not sure why there was no acknowledgement of that...

Trump should have immediately apologized to the family for any misunderstanding, as any normal person would do, given that their feelings are literally the only thing that matters here.

and all this while the senate pretty much just approved a $1.5trillion cut to medicaid and medicaire. All those trump voting seniors are ****ed now.

Yeah, this is just another example of the administrations incompetence creating a shitstorm out of nothing. Even Kelly doubling down, its just so dumb.

All they had to do was say "I was trying to show my respect and I apologize if my words did not convey that."

All they did was confirm that Trump really wasn't sympathetic.

Yeah, this is just another example of the administrations incompetence creating a shitstorm out of nothing. Even Kelly doubling down, its just so dumb.

All they had to do was say "I was trying to show my respect and I apologize if my words did not convey that."

All they did was confirm that Trump really wasn't sympathetic.

It's heartless, but creating diversion is a key strategy for this team. Keep the public/media talking about these sorta things.

So much for Kelly being the noble one:

Daniel Dale @ddale8
1m
Breaking: Video of Miami ceremony shows John Kelly lied about Rep. Wilson's comments. sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/…

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/20/trump-opioid-plan-blindsides-advisers-243974

Blindsided Trump officials scrambling to develop opioid plan
It's unclear to officials when Trump's promised emergency declaration will be formally announced or how it will be carried out.

President Donald Trump overrode his own advisers when he promised to deliver an emergency declaration next week to combat the nation’s worsening opioid crisis.

“That is a very, very big statement,” he said Monday. “It's a very important step. ... We're going to be doing it in the next week.”

Blindsided officials are now scrambling to develop such a plan, but it is unclear when it will be announced, how or if it will be done, and whether the administration has the permanent leadership to execute it, said two administration officials.

“They are not ready for this,” a public health advocate said of an emergency declaration after talking to Health and Human Services officials enlisted in the effort.

Trump’s off-script statement stunned top agency officials, who said there is no consensus on how to implement an emergency declaration for the drug epidemic, according to interviews with officials from the White House, a half dozen federal agencies, state health directors and lobbyists.

Trump had previously promised an emergency declaration in August, after his handpicked opioid commission headed by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie made it an urgent recommendation. But the commitment quickly got bogged down in White House infighting and concerns about the order’s scope and cost......

So much for Kelly being the noble one:

Daniel Dale @ddale8
1m
Breaking: Video of Miami ceremony shows John Kelly lied about Rep. Wilson's comments. sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/…

He literally made this whole thing up, just to knowingly, dishonestly, slag her to misdirect from Trump's conduct. unreal:

DMl6P3iX0AAGVh3.jpg:large

all of it just completely made the **** up.

while using his dead son as a shield to condescend to everyone in that room.

shameless.

Is it possible for Obama to run as vice President in 2020?

Then have the actual president suffer a freak heart attack?

https://www.statnews.com/2017/10/20/georgia-lawmaker-hiv-quarantine/

ATLANTA — A Georgia state lawmaker — the wife of former Trump health secretary Tom Price — is drawing condemnation for suggesting that people with HIV might be quarantined to curb the spread of the infectious disease.

Republican state Rep. Betty Price, a former anesthesiologist who represents people living in the northern Atlanta area, asked in a hearing this week “what are we legally able to do” to limit the spread of HIV throughout the state.

“I don’t want to say the quarantine word — but I guess I just said it,” Price said to Dr. Pascale Wortley, director of the Georgia Department of Public Health’s HIV epidemiology section. “But is there an ability, since I guess public dollars are expended heavily in prophylaxis and treatment of this condition, so we have a public interest in curtailing the spread. … Are there any methods we could do legally to curtail the spread?”

Her remarks came Tuesday morning during a Georgia House of Representative study committee meeting about barriers to access to health care in the state, and are captured in video of the hearing.....

Ariel Edwards-Levy @aedwardslevy
3h
Replying to @aedwardslevy
Clinton voters who believe accusations against
Weinstein: 77%
Trump: 83%

Trump voters
Weinstein: 66%
Trump: 8%

Back