Page 4619 of 5218 FirstFirst ... 36194119451945694609461746184619462046214629466947195119 ... LastLast
Results 92,361 to 92,380 of 104347

Thread: OT: American Politics

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: OT: American Politics

Wifi-armories?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    So apparently the shooter passed two background checks. So much for that theory.
    Clearly there are issues in the law if you can pass background checks after being "confined" for 12 months for domestic violence.

I heard he was rejected for a carry permit in Texas, but was allowed to buy the gun by the store, after passing their background check. Clearly some loopholes need closing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    Are you kidding me bro? I was being clearly being sarcastic.
    Sorry i missed the sarcasm.

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BKerr View Post
    Clearly there are issues in the law if you can pass background checks after being "confined" for 12 months for domestic violence.

I heard he was rejected for a carry permit in Texas, but was allowed to buy the gun by the store, after passing their background check. Clearly some loopholes need closing.
    Clearly. It's absolute crap that he was allowed to purchase a firearm, especially a rifle, with that history.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    There is no way you like Trump or Pence. I'm not convinced that you actually do. I feel like this is just all troll job.

Post Thanks / Like

#FreeVladdy

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would too. Using this collusion crap as a pretext to delve into everything in your past? Without probable cause? **** that. Stay in your lane.
    isn't that what Starr did to the Clintons, started looking into some real estate deal and next thing you know, he was writing reports about hummers in the Oval Office?
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Since it is not appropriate to have a discussion about gun violence right after a mass shooting as it politicizes the event and forgets the victims, Americans long ago figured out if you have mass shootings often enough, you never have to discuss the issue of gun violence.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

Post Thanks / Like

this guy apparently was charged with punching his dog repeatedly after he was charged with abusing his wife and child. Instantly a criminal charge of abuse should ban someone from owning a gun.

lastly, his neighbor ( a veteran as well) heard him last week at 8 am on a daily basis firing off his assault rifle... obviously practicing. But only in murica can someone practice his assault rifle and people find it annoying that he was doing in the morning, but never called the cops

Post Thanks / Like

Jennifer Bendery @jbendery · 12h12 hours ago
    That woman who flipped off Trump's motorcade? I talked to her this weekend. She just got fired.

This is absolute idiocy. The issue of "political correctness" is out of control, despite the fact that a lot it's based on good intentions. But the line between writing something controversial on Twitter (which I also disagree should have anything to do with one's employment, 98% of the time), but giving the finger to a passing vehicle? Several million other people should be fired immediately, if that's where we're setting the bar.

Out in public on your own time? Nothing to do with your job. Unless you come out as a Nazi, which is a million times worse.

“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.”

"We watch, and we are always here."

Post Thanks / Like

Clearly. It's absolute crap that he was allowed to purchase a firearm, especially a rifle, with that history.
    Apparently the air force admitted it failed to enter his domestic abuse charges into the national db, which would have triggered when he went to buy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UWHabs View Post
    Apparently the air force admitted it failed to enter his domestic abuse charges into the national db, which would have triggered when he went to buy it.
    Figures. Half ass.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    this guy apparently was charged with punching his dog repeatedly after he was charged with abusing his wife and child. Instantly a criminal charge of abuse should ban someone from owning a gun.

lastly, his neighbor ( a veteran as well) heard him last week at 8 am on a daily basis firing off his assault rifle... obviously practicing. But only in murica can someone practice his assault rifle and people find it annoying that he was doing in the morning, but never called the cops
    Welcome to rural Texas.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by axlsalinger View Post
    Jennifer Bendery @jbendery · 12h12 hours ago
    That woman who flipped off Trump's motorcade? I talked to her this weekend. She just got fired.

This is absolute idiocy. The issue of "political correctness" is out of control, despite the fact that a lot it's based on good intentions. But the line between writing something controversial on Twitter (which I also disagree should have anything to do with one's employment, 98% of the time), but giving the finger to a passing vehicle? Several million other people should be fired immediately, if that's where we're setting the bar.

Out in public on your own time? Nothing to do with your job. Unless you come out as a Nazi, which is a million times worse.

Cuts both ways.

Many more people have lost jobs for going against the narrative online. Damian Godard just tweeted that he supported traditional marriage. Curt Schilling only LIKED a meme to get fired.

So **** this woman. The “left” established the rules. God forbid they are held to the same standard.

Post Thanks / Like

eh no prob with her getting fired for flipping off potus and sharing it all over her workplace-identifying social media.
    #FreeVladdy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    eh no prob with her getting fired for flipping off potus and sharing it all over her workplace-identifying social media.
    Yeah. Someone in marketing, of all jobs, should have known better.

This is again getting back to the whole "freedom of speech doesn't equal freedom from the consequences of your speech" argument.
    I’ll trade five ordinary players for one great player any day. You can always find ordinary players.” - Conn Smythe

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeafGm View Post
    Yeah. Someone in marketing, of all jobs, should have known better.

This is again getting back to the whole "freedom of speech doesn't equal freedom from the consequences of your speech" argument.
    Exactly. SHe has the freedom to give him the finger. Her company doesn't have to keep her employed.

Post Thanks / Like

So you guys are saying you should lose your jobs, if you give someone the finger on the road and somebody happens to photograph it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by axlsalinger View Post
    So you guys are saying you should lose your jobs, if you give someone the finger on the road and somebody happens to photograph it?
    How did this play out though? I assume that she identified herself and posted on a Twitter account she uses for work.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we're setting the bar for what constitutes a fire-able offense, dangerously low. It's absurd. This is far from the only time this has happened, either.

Page 4619 of 5218 FirstFirst ... 36194119451945694609461746184619462046214629466947195119 ... LastLast