Page 3524 of 3557 FirstFirst ... 25243024342434743514352235233524352535263534 ... LastLast
Results 70,461 to 70,480 of 71131

Thread: OT: American Politics

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: OT: American Politics

Quote Originally Posted by axlsalinger View Post
    So you guys are saying you should lose your jobs, if you give someone the finger on the road and somebody happens to photograph it?
    If it embarrasses the company that pays you? It's their right to fire.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

Do you honestly believe that this is a fire-able offense? Yes or no.
    Yes. The real question is, would YOU fire her over it. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't, I would if it caused my company embarrassment.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    If it embarrasses the company that pays you? It's their right to fire.
    You don't think that's a very slippery slope? "Embarrasses" is highly subjective, especially considering this was a personal account and has nothing whatsoever to do with her job. Please put aside your love of Trump for a moment to evaluate this.
    “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.”

"We watch, and we are always here."

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on my company. I hear she is in marketing so sounds like a poor fit. I would just not post ridiculous things on my public Facebook.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You wouldn't post a photograph of yourself that went viral, on your own personal Facebook feed?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

They’re a private company, they can do whatever they want.

Post Thanks / Like

You wouldn't post a photograph of yourself that went viral, on your own personal Facebook feed?
    No because I'm smart. This happens all the time and people never learn.

Post Thanks / Like

You don't think that's a very slippery slope? "Embarrasses" is highly subjective, especially considering this was a personal account and has nothing whatsoever to do with her job. Please put aside your love of Trump for a moment to evaluate this.
    You have a serious problem with the Trump love bullshit. You really do.

She could have done that to Obama and I'd feel the same. It's business. It's not a slippery slope, you work at the pleasure of your boss. You do something stupid like that? You're begging to be fired.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHolmes View Post
    They’re a private company, they can do whatever they want.

It's amazing that people don't get that.

Post Thanks / Like

You have a serious problem with the Trump love bullshit. You really do.

She could have done that to Obama and I'd feel the same. It's business. It's not a slippery slope, you work at the pleasure of your boss. You do something stupid like that? You're begging to be fired.
    Believe me, I would say the same thing if this was Obama.

I fail to see what is so "stupid". She had no control over someone taking a photo, had no control over it going viral. Flipping somebody off on the road is something that happens hundreds of thousands of times, every day. Posted a photo on her own Facebook page with no mention of this shitty company.

If she posted it on a company's social media page, it would be a different story. Although even then, suspension at most. This is not a fire-able offense in any way, shape or form. Honestly I'm really surprised at your stance on this issue.

This is 100% wrongful dismissal. And I would not have anything to do with a company that would fire somebody over something like this. That is what's stupid here.

Post Thanks / Like

Well go run your company with that in mind. I want to work with people that have an ounce of common sense.

Post Thanks / Like

“They said, ‘We’re separating from you,‘” said Briskman. “Basically, you cannot have ‘lewd’ or ‘obscene’ things in your social media. So they were calling flipping him off ‘obscene.’”
    Well yeah, it's literally called an obscene gesture.

Post Thanks / Like

Believe me, I would say the same thing if this was Obama.

I fail to see what is so "stupid". She had no control over someone taking a photo, had no control over it going viral. Flipping somebody off on the road is something that happens hundreds of thousands of times, every day. Posted a photo on her own Facebook page with no mention of this shitty company.

If she posted it on a company's social media page, it would be a different story. Although even then, suspension at most. This is not a fire-able offense in any way, shape or form. Honestly I'm really surprised at your stance on this issue.

This is 100% wrongful dismissal. And I would not have anything to do with a company that would fire somebody over something like this. That is what's stupid here.
    You don't know what wrongful dismisal is if you think that's it. If she didn't have her place of employment on her Facebook, linked in is a click away. You can't hide behind it being your personal Facebook page. It's extremely naive of you to think you can.

As for you not having to do anything with a company that would fire over this well congrats, you just limited your employment to 30% of employers, if you're lucky.
    Last edited by Habsy; 11-06-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

So you guys are saying you should lose your jobs, if you give someone the finger on the road and somebody happens to photograph it?
    i'm saying that if you know your employer has issues with you making a political statement, you should take that into account before making a political statement.

And lets not make the disingenious comparison that this is the same as giving the finger to any driver out on the street... its not... it was a political statement.

Post Thanks / Like

You don't know what wrongful dismisal is if you think that's it. If she didn't have her place of employment on her Facebook, linked in is a click away. You can't hide behind it being your personal Facebook page. It's extremely naive of you to think you can.

As for you not having to do anything with a company that would fire over this well congrats, you just limited your employment to 30% of employers, if you're lucky.
    I think a lot more than 30% of employers would be fine with this. If this was me, my boss would probably give me a raise because of it he hates Trump.

But with anything like this, it all comes down to your place in the company. If you're an easily replaceable cog, then this is easily something a company can dump you over. But if you're a vital link, then you can get away with it. Key is you gotta find a place where you're important enough that they wouldn't dream of firing you over something stupid like that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s a completely disrespectful act.

You can’t have a person that flagrantly disrespects the President and pastes it all over the internet, be a representative of your company or brand.

Maybe she can hook up with the Twitter grunt that disabled the Donald’s account for a few minutes and sell t-shirts or something.

Post Thanks / Like

I can get in shit for what I put on my Facebook, I know soldiers who got in shit shit for posting a photo or meme on their Facebook, a cop got suspended for what he wrote on Facebook, this woman can/should absolutely be fired for what she pits on her social media.
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I can get in shit for what I put on my Facebook, I know soldiers who got in shit shit for posting a photo or meme on their Facebook, a cop got suspended for what he wrote on Facebook, this woman can/should absolutely be fired for what she pits on her social media.
    That's my point. I'm not saying it should never happen, because there are obviously times when it's appropriate. I just think it's gotten a little out of control. A silly act that was not a big deal and had nothing to do with the company or its social media. It's a slippery slope IMO.

i'm saying that if you know your employer has issues with you making a political statement, you should take that into account before making a political statement.
    People make political statements on their own personal time, every day. I don't feel that this is an appropriate response in this case.
    Last edited by axlsalinger; 11-07-2017 at 05:44 AM.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Same as when it happened to James Damore. Freedom of speech does not equal a freedom from repercussions for your actions.

I wouldn't fire anyone for something like that. Most likely wouldn't. But they can. They are a conservative federal contractor in Virginia so its not that shocking.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

She'll get a better job anyway. She'll be fine.

Page 3524 of 3557 FirstFirst ... 25243024342434743514352235233524352535263534 ... LastLast