• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I did.

You want people to pay in installments after they get the treatment.

You are going to bankrupt the system, cause after people are treated, many are either incapable of working due to health reasons, or are dead. The bills never get paid after the fact, and the entire healthcare system would fall apart due to expenses being incurred and people not paying down their debts.

Your plan fails on a very basic economic level.

You are talking about a minority of people. Yes. Some segments of society, especially older folks, are more likely to die or become disabled because of a medical event. So, yes, in that case they will get free treatment. I think that has to be subsidized. Logically, it make sense to subsidize the older portions of society. For the rest of us, this will be like paying for a credit card. Except, with my plan, your payments are actually manageable because it is tied to your income.

People will pay. If they don't, they don't deserve care. If you're willing to pay for the ikea furniture you bought through your visa, you better make payments for your treatment...or next time, you won't get it.

The point you are missing is how massively disproportionate the costs are for people who will be unable to pay.

Even then you will get a shitload of people who wont attend for regular checkups and things like that who will then make their problems worse and more costly down the road... and when they are worse they will now be unable to pay and it will need to be subsidized.

The basic economics here doesnt work... and youre pay for only what you use plan doesnt work.

It shows a basic failure on your part to understand how and why risk pools and insurance works on a massive scale.

Its pretty clear that your university education does not come in economics cause your plan fails the most basic of economic tests and is not sustainable in any way

I said it months ago, expanded premium based Medicaid. The system is in place and it was the one thing Obama was on the right track about. It had to go further.
Thats getting closer to single payer, which time and again has proven to be the best solution

They'll never accept a single payer but have a government option and a private one. Those that want to pay more still can.

The point you are missing is how massively disproportionate the costs are for people who will be unable to pay.

Even then you will get a shitload of people who wont attend for regular checkups and things like that who will then make their problems worse and more costly down the road... and when they are worse they will now be unable to pay and it will need to be subsidized.

The basic economics here doesnt work... and youre pay for only what you use plan doesnt work.

It shows a basic failure on your part to understand how and why risk pools and insurance works on a massive scale.

Its pretty clear that your university education does not come in economics cause your plan fails the most basic of economic tests and is not sustainable in any way

If people don't pay for their monthly treatment costs, they'll never get treatment again without paying everything upfront.

It's maybe a bit harsh, but if you refuse to pay, we should not all be footing the bill.

Wait what? They never refused emergency care before and now you want to?

You can't blame people for not having an option to buy a reasonably priced insurance plan. You can't blame people for being frustrated that they have to pay for coverage irregardless if they're actually using the healthcare system. And you can't blame people for paying consistently, but then being denied coverage. With my plan, a minimum monthly payment based on your income (so as long as you work), there would be no reason to not pay. So if you choose to pay for your cell bill, instead of your health..yes, you should be denied service.

How about instead of trying this ridiculous plan of forcing poor people and the sick to charge hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills to their credit card, they simply offer something that EVERY OTHER FIRST WORLD COUNTRY ON THE PLANET EARTH has instead?

I guess I hadn't considered that amazingly well thought-out part of your proposal.

You haven't considered a lot of things, clearly. Only in your world would paying for medical treatment be MORE ridiculous than paying for the visa bill monthly because you decided to buy clothes, ikea furniture, and the new IPhone.

So basically yours is a tax plan, but you only pay that tax if you use the system.

Which shows that you don't understand how insurance and risk pools work.

Costs are only kept down by having huge pools of people, some of whom will stay healthy and some of whom will need services.

So basically yours is a tax plan, but you only pay that tax if you use the system.

Which shows that you don't understand how insurance and risk pools work.

Costs are only kept down by having huge pools of people, some of whom will stay healthy and some of whom will need services.

No..because those high risk are subsidized.

Who are in power ergo hoping the administration fails just to say "I told you so".

?

My point still stands.

In fact, the USA is better off this evening than they were this morning. That makes make happy.

1) ACA is intact despite a move to replace it with materially worse legislation.
2) The humiliated GOP have shown themsleves to be the idiotic, incompetent, and intellectually bankrupt douchebags that they are.

This is good for the United States.

Or that they're not sheep like the Democrats who butt sniffed Obama all the way to decimation in state houses.

Barrack Obama just windmill jammed the winning dunk in the face of skinny ass GOP losers at the buzzer. ****in' awesome.

Pelosi gets the assist with a no-look, behind the back dish.

**** yeah.

Back