• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Both leadership groups need each other to motivate their propaganda and maintain political control - corruption runs deep in both cases. Today’s fatalities are a cynical means to an end.

yep, both leaderships thrive on stoking this conflict.

Jerusalem is also palestine's capital. Also was the capital of Judah. shechem was also Israel's capital and I think it had other capitals too.

IF my math is anywhere near correct, Jerusalem has only actually been the capital of Israel for a few hundred years of its thousands years history.

Yeah, but currently its Israel's capital, and the embassies are typically in a nation's capital where their government is. Tel Aviv was the only exception I believe.

Not that it justifies the move.

Excellent article about WH leaking.
https://www.axios.com/trump-white-house-leakers-leak-about-leaking-dae05b8e-e792-41a7-bb74-c2756b542cd0.html

A few excerpts below:

My colleague Mike Allen, who has spent nearly 20 years covering the White House, says we learn more about what's going on inside the Trump White House in a week than we did in a year of the George W. Bush presidency.

“Bad managers almost always breed an unhappy workplace, which ultimately results in pervasive leaking," the former official added. "And there has been plenty of all those things inside this White House. Some people use leaking to settle personal scores, or even worse to attack the President, but for me it was always to make a point about something that I felt was being unjustly ignored by others."

"Everyone has guns (leaks) pointed at each other and it's only a matter of time before someone shoots. There's rarely a peaceful conclusion so you might as well shoot first."

Excellent article about WH leaking.
https://www.axios.com/trump-white-house-leakers-leak-about-leaking-dae05b8e-e792-41a7-bb74-c2756b542cd0.html

A few excerpts below:

My colleague Mike Allen, who has spent nearly 20 years covering the White House, says we learn more about what's going on inside the Trump White House in a week than we did in a year of the George W. Bush presidency.

“Bad managers almost always breed an unhappy workplace, which ultimately results in pervasive leaking," the former official added. "And there has been plenty of all those things inside this White House. Some people use leaking to settle personal scores, or even worse to attack the President, but for me it was always to make a point about something that I felt was being unjustly ignored by others."

"Everyone has guns (leaks) pointed at each other and it's only a matter of time before someone shoots. There's rarely a peaceful conclusion so you might as well shoot first."

Political scores or not, people shouldn't leak national security matters. And if they do get caught, jail.

The article I posted was about why so many people leak....

I get that. But leaking things during a ongoing investigation is wrong. Names of attackers being leaked to the American press before the Brits or canadians name them, while investigations are just getting starting is wrong. The only reason American newspapers know is because Canadian and British agencies are asking American agencies if they know anything about the attacker. Then bam, in the news. That's wrong.

Nowhere in this post do I see anything resembling a justification for moving the embassy to Jerusalem.

The obvious result was that Hamas would use it as a rallying point to whip up the population, and that many lives would be lost as a result. And that's what's happened.

And again, for what?

Seriously? Embassies are usually placed in Capital cities, Israel didn’t select Tel Aviv as their capital, other countries did. Israel recognizes Jerusalem as their capital . How is it anyone’s place to say otherwise?

Jerusalem is Israel's capital. Thats where the government sits. There is a practical argument for it. The only reason not to have it there is the response of terrorist organizations like Hamas. Most countries don't negotiate with terrorists, and America certainly doesn't.

This

Paraphrasing a recent call between Pompeo and Euro foreign ministers re: Iran:

Pompeo: How do you see the future?

Reply: Pottery Barn, douchenozzle.

“From King David’s time to our own, President Trump has now etched his name into the ineffaceable story of Jerusalem.”—Vice President Pence, at the Israeli embassy tonight in Washington

“From King David’s time to our own, President Trump has now etched his name into the ineffaceable story of Jerusalem.”—Vice President Pence, at the Israeli embassy tonight in Washington

Oy vey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if he's playing him.

I think Trump might just give him everything he always wanted - lots of money plus regime legitimacy and security - in order to get his "win".

I don't know if he's playing him.

I think Trump might just give him everything he always wanted - lots of money plus regime legitimacy and security - in order to get his "win".

if KJU gets everything he wants from Trump can one then conclude that he played him?

I love north korean translations:

“This exercise targeting us, which is being carried out across South Korea, is a flagrant challenge to the Panmunjom Declaration and an intentional military provocation running counter to the positive political development on the Korean Peninsula,” the KCNA report said. “The United States will also have to undertake careful deliberations about the fate of the planned North Korea-U.S. summit in light of this provocative military ruckus jointly conducted with the South Korean authorities.”

Back