• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

He wasn’t even a party to the recent negotiations. When you slam Trump for something like this it weakens your legitimate arguments much like when the media gets something wrong. It gives him his fake news narrative.

All trade negotiations of this magnitude are contentious, I think you know that though.

Trade deficits are irrelevant.

Even the best businessmen are clueless about economics, never mind a syphilitic baboon whose business model is based on reneging on contracts and endless litigation.

I get it’s all optics. My point was the great negotiator wasn’t even there negotiating. I suppose it gives him someone to blame when it goes south.

Where I was very wrong in 2016 was that Trump was actually serious about some of the more outlandish things he was spewing. I was sure it was all shyster rhetoric just to get elected. Well, he’s trying to keep every one of his “campaign promises” and some actually collide with others. Crazy times.

This latest trade tussle was a waste of time. The vague outcome is probably a win for Trump -- he gets to tell his base he was tough on China without actually imposing tariffs that would hurt the people he was supposedly helping.

He wasn’t even a party to the recent negotiations. When you slam Trump for something like this it weakens your legitimate arguments much like when the media gets something wrong. It gives him his fake news narrative.

All trade negotiations of this magnitude are contentious, I think you know that though.

lol.

so now we can't criticize him for the only thing you told us we were allowed to judge him on - trade deals.

lol.

so now we can't criticize him for the only thing you told us we were allowed to judge him on - trade deals.

Pretty sure you have me confused with someone else. I never limited criticism to trade deals. I simply point out the times when you're a little over-the-top on your criticism.

Wait, that's often. Never mind. Carry on.

I get it’s all optics. My point was the great negotiator wasn’t even there negotiating. I suppose it gives him someone to blame when it goes south.

Where I was very wrong in 2016 was that Trump was actually serious about some of the more outlandish things he was spewing. I was sure it was all shyster rhetoric just to get elected. Well, he’s trying to keep every one of his “campaign promises” and some actually collide with others. Crazy times.

He's keeping promises he never even made.

DdqIHX5V0AAyp6Y.jpg:large

Jon Passantino @passantino
13m
Fox hosts were floating this claim, without evidence, this morning. Now Trump is demanding the Justice Dept. investigate it. Feedback loop complete.

Fox News
@FoxNews
.@MariaBartiromo: "It sounds like either President Obama or @HillaryClinton were sort of masterminding all of this."

Media preview

your boy just ran away from his trade war with China with his tail tucked between his legs.

and north korea is bending him over too.

deal with the criticism.

your boy just ran away from his trade war with China with his tail tucked between his legs.

and north korea is bending him over too.

deal with the criticism.

He's also in the middle of ****ing up a hugely successful iranian deal that the Europeans are pulling out all the stops to find a way to counter US sanctions so they can save it.

He's also in the middle of ****ing up a hugely successful iranian deal that the Europeans are pulling out all the stops to find a way to counter US sanctions so they can save it.

Only mildly successful when you consider how much of the money they got freed up went into middle east interventions.

But it did keep them from advancing their nuclear program.

But if the US stops doing business with any company that does business with Iran, there isn't much Europe can do.

and china would be happy to fill in the US role in that Iran deal. they're already lined up to replace american oil interests there.

Back