• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

So apparently the shooter passed two background checks. So much for that theory.

Clearly there are issues in the law if you can pass background checks after being "confined" for 12 months for domestic violence.

I heard he was rejected for a carry permit in Texas, but was allowed to buy the gun by the store, after passing their background check. Clearly some loopholes need closing.

Clearly there are issues in the law if you can pass background checks after being "confined" for 12 months for domestic violence.

I heard he was rejected for a carry permit in Texas, but was allowed to buy the gun by the store, after passing their background check. Clearly some loopholes need closing.
Clearly. It's absolute crap that he was allowed to purchase a firearm, especially a rifle, with that history.

There is no way you like Trump or Pence. I'm not convinced that you actually do. I feel like this is just all troll job.

giphy.gif

I would too. Using this collusion crap as a pretext to delve into everything in your past? Without probable cause? **** that. Stay in your lane.

isn't that what Starr did to the Clintons, started looking into some real estate deal and next thing you know, he was writing reports about hummers in the Oval Office?

Since it is not appropriate to have a discussion about gun violence right after a mass shooting as it politicizes the event and forgets the victims, Americans long ago figured out if you have mass shootings often enough, you never have to discuss the issue of gun violence.

this guy apparently was charged with punching his dog repeatedly after he was charged with abusing his wife and child. Instantly a criminal charge of abuse should ban someone from owning a gun.

lastly, his neighbor ( a veteran as well) heard him last week at 8 am on a daily basis firing off his assault rifle... obviously practicing. But only in murica can someone practice his assault rifle and people find it annoying that he was doing in the morning, but never called the cops

Jennifer Bendery @jbendery · 12h12 hours ago
That woman who flipped off Trump's motorcade? I talked to her this weekend. She just got fired.

This is absolute idiocy. The issue of "political correctness" is out of control, despite the fact that a lot it's based on good intentions. But the line between writing something controversial on Twitter (which I also disagree should have anything to do with one's employment, 98% of the time), but giving the finger to a passing vehicle? Several million other people should be fired immediately, if that's where we're setting the bar.

Out in public on your own time? Nothing to do with your job. Unless you come out as a Nazi, which is a million times worse.

khz27QI.jpg

Clearly. It's absolute crap that he was allowed to purchase a firearm, especially a rifle, with that history.
Apparently the air force admitted it failed to enter his domestic abuse charges into the national db, which would have triggered when he went to buy it.

this guy apparently was charged with punching his dog repeatedly after he was charged with abusing his wife and child. Instantly a criminal charge of abuse should ban someone from owning a gun.

lastly, his neighbor ( a veteran as well) heard him last week at 8 am on a daily basis firing off his assault rifle... obviously practicing. But only in murica can someone practice his assault rifle and people find it annoying that he was doing in the morning, but never called the cops
Welcome to rural Texas.

Jennifer Bendery @jbendery · 12h12 hours ago
That woman who flipped off Trump's motorcade? I talked to her this weekend. She just got fired.

This is absolute idiocy. The issue of "political correctness" is out of control, despite the fact that a lot it's based on good intentions. But the line between writing something controversial on Twitter (which I also disagree should have anything to do with one's employment, 98% of the time), but giving the finger to a passing vehicle? Several million other people should be fired immediately, if that's where we're setting the bar.

Out in public on your own time? Nothing to do with your job. Unless you come out as a Nazi, which is a million times worse.

khz27QI.jpg

Cuts both ways.

Many more people have lost jobs for going against the narrative online. Damian Godard just tweeted that he supported traditional marriage. Curt Schilling only LIKED a meme to get fired.

So **** this woman. The “left” established the rules. God forbid they are held to the same standard.

eh no prob with her getting fired for flipping off potus and sharing it all over her workplace-identifying social media.

eh no prob with her getting fired for flipping off potus and sharing it all over her workplace-identifying social media.
Yeah. Someone in marketing, of all jobs, should have known better.

This is again getting back to the whole "freedom of speech doesn't equal freedom from the consequences of your speech" argument.

Yeah. Someone in marketing, of all jobs, should have known better.

This is again getting back to the whole "freedom of speech doesn't equal freedom from the consequences of your speech" argument.

Exactly. SHe has the freedom to give him the finger. Her company doesn't have to keep her employed.

So you guys are saying you should lose your jobs, if you give someone the finger on the road and somebody happens to photograph it?

So you guys are saying you should lose your jobs, if you give someone the finger on the road and somebody happens to photograph it?

How did this play out though? I assume that she identified herself and posted on a Twitter account she uses for work.

I think we're setting the bar for what constitutes a fire-able offense, dangerously low. It's absurd. This is far from the only time this has happened, either.

Back