• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

this is how you address a hate group

[video=youtube;dD4Nzt9thc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD4Nzt9thc8[/video]

I know the press gets off on covering all kinds of protests, making sure that the 24 hour cable channels have content, but would it not be better just to ignore right wing rallies, left wing rallies, hell show Llamas with Hats videos instead. Maybe all the *******s would just disappear.

Call it an ostrich approach.

A thug is a thug is a thug. Many of those alt left protests before were not like this weekend, they fight corporatists, fight the G20 if I am correct etc

Sure last weekend, they look like heroes but they are not always perfect little millenials fighting the good fight.

Anarchists are clueless, but they don't try to foment race violence. I think there's a difference.

The NFL season is starting up, giving these hicks massive hard ons.... Every black player in the NFL should not play the season opener. Take the pay cut, but have the NFL lose everything for one game. There aren't enough white replacement players even to get it going. That would be a massive hit to the economy and a big **** you to the league, and the govt.

Anarchists are clueless, but they don't try to foment race violence. I think there's a difference.

Is a right wing white supremacist killing a black, really worse than an anarchist killing a member of the corporate elite. Seems to me both are deplorable.

Now in the battle on the weekend, the hippy anarchists were the good guys. Yet at G20 and those type conference riots, they are the bad guys. They are the typical jekyll and hyde, not all good nor all bad, both good and bad.

Is a right wing white supremacist killing a black, really worse than an anarchist killing a member of the corporate elite. Seems to me both are deplorable.

Now in the battle on the weekend, the hippy anarchists were the good guys. Yet at G20 and those type conference riots, they are the bad guys. They are the typical jekyll and hyde, not all good nor all bad, both good and bad.

Of course not, but in the US the potential for realized violence between these two groups is massively unbalanced. Anarchists are no where near as dangerous. Remember Oklahoma City?

There's a reason why DHS views right wing domestic terrorism as a threat far more than Anarchists.

Last edited:
I know the press gets off on covering all kinds of protests, making sure that the 24 hour cable channels have content, but would it not be better just to ignore right wing rallies, left wing rallies, hell show Llamas with Hats videos instead. Maybe all the *******s would just disappear.

Too late. Everyone gets their news off of Twitter now.

There isn't anyone else in that draft class I would take before Forsberg.
Which is fine. Forsberg has certainly earned the best player from that class to date title.

However, Teeds insisted that he had inside information that Forsberg was going to be picked 1st overall. And if the Oilers didn't take him, like 7 of the top 10 teams had Forsberg #1 on their board. Then he went like 11th.

ignoring nazis will surely make them dissappear.

Which is fine. Forsberg has certainly earned the best player from that class to date title.

However, Teeds insisted that he had inside information that Forsberg was going to be picked 1st overall. And if the Oilers didn't take him, like 7 of the top 10 teams had Forsberg #1 on their board. Then he went like 11th.
That was the frustrating thing with teeds.

If he'd just presented it as his honest opinion that Forsberg was the best player in that draft, that'd be a pretty nice call.

Instead, he had to insist that he had inside information that Forsberg was going 1st overall, and that the entire Leaf scouting staff, Burke & Nonis were determined to select Forsberg if he fell to the Leafs.

I think a lot of us thought that Forsberg was a top 3ish talent in the draft. Claiming he belonged 1st overall wouldn't have been an absurd statement. Iirc I had him 3rd or 4th.

Giving them all the attention they are getting doesnt seem to be stopping them.

it has been ignored and pooh poohed up until now, even with the president openly courting it all campaign. everyone trying to pretend it isn't what it is. and it has led to this.

this isnthe first time this growing phenomenon has received full attention. and the backlash is fierce.

Back