• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I can only judge what you're putting down in this thread. And all I'm seeing is you putting words in everyone's posts and jumping to the most extreme absolutes every chance you get.

Don't worry, I'm tired of your bullshit too. Politically speaking anyway. Still like you though, I just think you're out of touch with how deep the problem really is.

Nothing will stop tragedies from happening again.

I still lock the doors at night, without being guaranteed that nobody will break in.

Don't worry, I'm tired of your bullshit too. Politically speaking anyway. Still like you though, I just think your out of touch with how deep the problem really is.

That's fine. But you seem to be willfully out of touch with understanding what people are writing here. That's a bit problematic in a debate.

Methinks this constitution talk is just code for "I want my guns! All the guns!"

I'm curious...to those who keep bringing up the 2nd amendment...would they be okay if somehow it was decided that your forefathers did not, actually, intend for average citizens to own military grade assault weapons?

If it was part of your constitution does it suddenly become okay?

Good luck with that.

It's not code. It's baseline. You have to work within the laws regardless of whether you agree with that law or not.

[/B]

That's fine. But you seem to be willfully out of touch with understanding what people are writing here. That's a bit problematic in a debate.

I'm really not. I just reject many things out of hand because they're not realistic. You guys clearly don't get it.

People have as much right to bitch about guns as those that own them. It's just hot-air though. You're not positing any ideas that would make a dent.

I'm really not. I just reject many things out of hand because they're not realistic. You guys clearly don't get it.

People have as much right to bitch about guns as those that own them. It's just hot-air though. You're not positing any ideas that would make a dent.

I think you underestimate how small changes can compound into meaningful results.

I'm curious habsy, how far do you think it goes?
No limits? Rocket launcher?
Genuinely curious.

There are already class 3 requirements on real war weaponry. AR-15s aren't. Just because they sort of look like M4s doesn't mean they are. Take a Porsche and put a beetle engine in it, it might look like a Porsche but it's not.

Still, I would make it a crime to be within 500 yards of a school with a gun period. They do it with pedophiles and drugs, do it with guns.

Secondly, regulate the ammo. Forget clips. Make laws that you cannot have more than 12 bullets in public unless you're at a licensed range.

Thirdly, require all guns to be registered.

Fourth, you can constitutionally own a gun but you can't take it out of your house or property without a permit. Require a proper course to obtain a permit.

Fifth, if your gun is used in a crime and you did not have it properly secured, you're culpable.

There is a start for you.

You do realize none of what you posted would have stopped Paddock in Vegas, Virginia, Sandy hook etc though right?

Making Adam Lanza go to a safety class where he would have potentially been identified by a licensed instructor (he was autistic and had a pre occupation with mass murder...he was red flags on top of red flags) as a dangerous nutter, wouldn't have potentially stopped Sandy Hook?

This is what I mean by realistic regulations to prevent these incidents. Go ahead and implement everything you said, it won't stop it from happening again.

You seem fixated on stopping all of them...they won't stop all of them. Security won't stop all of them either.

They absolutely will 100% chance severely limit the amount of these you deal with and likely limit their severity when they happen, do so cost effectively, and do so without turning your schools into defacto baby prisons.

There are already class 3 requirements on real war weaponry. AR-15s aren't. Just because they sort of look like M4s doesn't mean they are. Take a Porsche and put a beetle engine in it, it might look like a Porsche but it's not.

Still, I would make it a crime to be within 500 yards of a school with a gun period. They do it with pedophiles and drugs, do it with guns.

Secondly, regulate the ammo. Forget clips. Make laws that you cannot have more than 12 bullets in public unless you're at a licensed range.

Thirdly, require all guns to be registered.

Fourth, you can constitutionally own a gun but you can't take it out of your house or property without a permit. Require a proper course to obtain a permit.

Fifth, if your gun is used in a crime and you did not have it properly secured, you're culpable.

There is a start for you.

what about, tied to 5, an insurance requirement?

I'm not in favor of having guns where my kid goes to school. I'm in favor of actions that will actually be meaningful and not token.

+1

Which is why I keep arguing for some of the workable items from places with meaningful controls in place.

Screening equipment like the TSA uses would be cheaper than armed guards. You could also screen bags and use metal detectors.

Screening equipment like the TSA uses would be cheaper than armed guards. You could also screen bags and use metal detectors.

Those things cost about 250K a pop, no? Each school would need multiple, and people to run them.

Massive amount of spending.

plus maintenance fees.

there are schools in the states that are still running XP.

That's what gets me the most. That the massive spending on security in schools is okay, but funding them properly and providing a decent education isn't a thing.

Back