• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I'm sure they can get them much cheaper considering the volume of purchase.

Yes, this sounds exactly like how large scale government procurement in the United States works....

You realize it's more likely that you end up paying double than half, eh?

Mueller drops additional indictment on Manafort and Gates today. Gates expected to take plea deal tomorrow.

Yeah, read this earlier today....dude (Manafort) got way too used to working in countries that barely believe in the rule of law. Did he really not think that a 16 million dollar mortgage given after the election wouldn't have been scrutinized at some point?

There’s talk of Mueller limiting his indictments to allow New York State AG to come down hard later with pardon-proof charges with limited risk of double jeopardy escape hatch...

There are already class 3 requirements on real war weaponry. AR-15s aren't. Just because they sort of look like M4s doesn't mean they are. Take a Porsche and put a beetle engine in it, it might look like a Porsche but it's not.

Still, I would make it a crime to be within 500 yards of a school with a gun period. They do it with pedophiles and drugs, do it with guns.

Secondly, regulate the ammo. Forget clips. Make laws that you cannot have more than 12 bullets in public unless you're at a licensed range.

Thirdly, require all guns to be registered.

Fourth, you can constitutionally own a gun but you can't take it out of your house or property without a permit. Require a proper course to obtain a permit.

Fifth, if your gun is used in a crime and you did not have it properly secured, you're culpable.

There is a start for you.

There needs to be a centralized agency for that, nationwide.

This patchwork system of agencies needing to share information with one another allows people to fall through the cracks and when it comes to things like guns that can not be allowed to happen.

[video=youtube_share;x3ch1ajtwbc]https://youtu.be/x3ch1ajtwbc[/video]

Sure, but the Federal government probably can't get away with not paying their contractors and then declaring bankruptcy when it all catches up to then.

Brazil and Greece got away with it. The Don will just renegotiate. Just ask him.

I gotta dig up that link re: the Manafort article I posted a while back. In the Atlantic.

It’s bananas.

Edit - Here it is, worth a read: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/03/paul-manafort-american-hustler/550925/

He has some scary enemies.

That's some read.

It really makes you wonder about Jared Kushner. How do people like Manafort get near Donald Trump when Kushner was the one supposedly vetting these people. I could possibly see Trump getting duped, most egomaniacs can be but by all accounts Kushner is a bright guy, I just don't see him getting duped. Either he didn't bother doing any background checks (which I doubt as he is an investor and they usually do research) or he wanted to hire shady people to help Trump win. Either way, Manafort is so ****ed. Slimy guy.

Think of all the unarmed, innocent people trained cops shoot.

Arming teachers it literally the dumbest idea to keep kids safe. Doing nothing is better.

It's also so ****ing sad to even suggest arming and training teachers. The U.S looks so pathetic.
You can't expect a teacher to want to teach children and add that responsibility. The two should never go together.
And BTW, how much will teachers' pay be increased if that is asked? They better not expect that for the same money.

Last edited:
That's what gets me the most. That the massive spending on security in schools is okay, but funding them properly and providing a decent education isn't a thing.

properly funding schools would have probably mean less requirement for security within a generation

a few random thoughts

- $60b in security guards is a better option than arming teachers
- mass shootings (or shootings in general) do not just happen at schools
- I like the tax the hell out of guns idea
- great on these students - i remember being in class when a school shooting was happening 30 mins away a few weeks after columbine - it seemed so rare back then

Think of all the unarmed, innocent people trained cops shoot.

Arming teachers it literally the dumbest idea to keep kids safe. Doing nothing is better.
It's crazy. Teachers in America are already generally underpaid, overworked and underqualified.

Now they're also going to double as armed security guards, tasked with picking out the right student to shoot, in the middle of a panicked, crowded school?

Just a totally insane mentality down there.

It's crazy. Teachers in America are already generally underpaid, overworked and underqualified.

Now they're also going to double as armed security guards, tasked with picking out the right student to shoot, in the middle of a panicked, crowded school?

Just a totally insane mentality down there.

It's a new angle on the "good guy with a gun" mythology.

Back