• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Glad you brought that up...more fun with direct quotes in full context:

So why did I use 13? Well...two reasons. One is that Milo was 13 when he was groomed into blowing a middle aged priest...and I've watched the interview and read the transcript...Milo himself uses the age of 13 as part of his semantics based defence.

He's very clearly trying to draw a line between a 13 yr old and a "child". Banging a 13 yr old is fine, because in his eyes, that's not pedophilia.

You're really, really on the wrong side here Johnny.

That isn't what he said. He said attraction to a sexually mature person is not pedophilia...and it isn't.

You're the one drawing the line between that and him saying it's ok, which he doesn't say.

Ever hear the expression "pick your battles"? Yeah that Johnny.

He can't help it. He's hitched his world view to the alt right cart. Finding out that the "thinkers" in that brigade are heavily, heavily flawed people spewing abject horseshit would be uncomfortable for him.

Some are.

Like the 14 year old guy that knocked up his 13 year old girlfriend when I was in high school, for example.

So you're going to run with the argument that sexual maturity is simply biological? As soon as a child is able to breed, they're sexually mature?

That's a pretty stone aged Muslimy value from someone who spends so much time screaming about how bad the Muzzy's values are.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/puberty-start-early-experts/story?id=21603265

But they're sexually mature, right?

Biology is biology.

The brain and all of it's decision making functions, is also biology.

In a left over quirk of evolution, the parts of us that make babies develops before the part of us that can help us figure out whether or not we should. You seem to be arguing that part, is irrelevant.

It's not, and thankfully we've had the wisdom to codify that in just about every rational (and some irrational) jurisdictions on the planet. You seem to have some values straight from Peshawar on this one Johnny.

Wisdom?

Google search the age of consent around the planet. It's still only 16 in Canada.

I'm not saying that 14 year olds should be having babies, and I am sure you know that, only that they can, and arbitrarily assigning an age where they are "allowed" to do what their bodies are already capable of doing is a social construct, which varies immensely around the globe.

oh for chrissake.

the guy who rages against muslim savagery is now all about 13yr old boy sex.

****ing ****.

Yeah, wisdom.

Google search the age of consent around the planet. It's still only 16 in Canada.

A lot of growth happens in those few years, no?

I'm not saying that 14 year olds should be having babies, and I am sure you know that, only that they can, and arbitrarily assigning an age where they are "allowed" to do what their bodies are already capable of doing is a social construct, which varies immensely around the globe.

A whole lot of useful things are "social constructs". This is no different. Yes, the age of consent in most of the world is somewhere between 14-18, but even in most jurisdictions that are on the lower end there is often additional prohibitions based upon the age of the other person in the encounter. Feel free to find the jurisdiction that doesn't (rightly) prohibit the type of 30+ on 13 type interactions Milo is defending.

And while people like Mindzeye mock Russian capabilities and disregard the need to invest in the Armed forces and spend 2 percent of GDP like we agreed to, here is what Russia is up to, while under sanctions no less.

I can only imagine what happens when those sanctions get dropped one day by Trump.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/w...sian-military-gets-a-sweeping-massive-upgrade

"MOSCOW — The Russian military received a sweeping array of new weapons last year, including 41 intercontinental ballistic missiles, and the wide-ranging military modernization will continue this year, the defence minister said Wednesday.

Minister Sergei Shoigu told lawmakers the air force will receive 170 new aircraft, the army will receive 905 tanks and other armoured vehicles while the navy will receive 17 new ships this year.

Amid tensions with the West, the Kremlin has continued to spend big on new weapons despite Russia’s economic downturn.

Also this year, three regiments of Russia’s strategic nuclear forces will receive new intercontinental ballistic missiles, Shoigu said. Each regiment has up to 10 launchers.

The rising number of new weapons has raised demands for new personnel. Shoigu said the military currently needs 1,300 more pilots and will recruit them by 2018."

The weapons modernization effort has seen the 1-million Russian military narrow the technological gap in some areas where Russia had fallen behind the West, such as long-range conventional weapons, communications and drone technologies.

Shoigu said the military now has 2,000 drones compared to just 180 in 2011. He also noted that Russia has now deployed new long-range early warning radars to survey the airspace along the entire length of its borders.

As previously noted,it's a sum zero game if everyone increases their defense spending. What is it when only Russia is doing it?

It would take a lot more than 2% of GDP for us to keep up.

If Russia wants to repeat the mistakes of the past, let them.

Back