• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

rubiolito just took a stand.

they will call his bluff.

and we'll see another hilarious cave.

heheh.

Andy Slavitt @ASlavitt
2m
BREAKING: Tax bill conf comm responds to Rubio’s threats by giving low income families $300.

$300. Not a joke.

More if interested soon.1/

twitter is so great.

Rebecca Falconer @RT_Falconer
The Weinstein brothers orchestrated a smear campaign that led Peter Jackson to blacklist @AshleyJudd and @MiraSorvino, the Hobbit director tells @NZStuff stuff.co.nz/entertainment/…

Mira Sorvino @MiraSorvino
17m
Just seeing this after I awoke, I burst out crying. There it is, confirmation that Harvey Weinstein derailed my career, something I suspected but was unsure. Thank you Peter Jackson for being honest. I’m just heartsick

I thought they couldn't get jobs because they weren't great actresses.

Adam Schiff
@RepAdamSchiff
I’m increasingly worried Republicans will shut down the House Intelligence Committee investigation at the end of the month.

Here’s why:

Adam Schiff @RepAdamSchiff
54m
Since March, our investigation has made important progress. We’ve interviewed numerous key witnesses behind closed doors, held public hearings, reviewed thousands of documents, identified new leads — all to understand and expose Russia's meddling and protect our democracy.

53m
Yet, Republicans have scheduled no witnesses after next Friday and none in 2017. We have dozens of outstanding witnesses on key aspects of our investigation that they refuse to contact and many document requests they continue to sit on.

52m
It appears Republicans want to conduct just enough interviews to give the impression of a serious investigation.

51m
Next week, they scheduled critical witness interviews out of state, when we are voting on the tax bill and vital government funding bills and no Members will be able to ask questions, in an effort to squeeze them in before end of year.

These witnesses are willing to come to DC.

49m
Despite our repeated urging, Majority has declined to issue subpoenas in numerous avenues of the investigation, where there's simply no other way to get the information. Some refusals we’ve made public, like witnesses hiding behind nonexistent privileges, many others we haven’t.

48m
The responsibility to conduct a thorough investigation, or to prevent one, ultimately falls on @SpeakerRyan. I’m concerned he's heeding the calls of Bannon and @POTUS to “DO SOMETHING” by closing down the Russia investigation & opening up another investigation of Hilary Clinton.

46m
Beyond our investigation, here’s what has me really concerned: The attacks on Mueller, DOJ and FBI this week make it clear they plan to go after Mueller’s investigation.

Aggressively and soon.

45m
By shutting down the congressional investigations when they continue to discover new and important evidence, the White House can exert tremendous pressure to end or curtail Mueller’s investigation or cast doubt on it. We cannot let that happen.

David Sirota‏
BREAKING: Sen. Bob Corker switched his vote to “yes” on the tax bill after GOP added special last-minute provision to the final bill giving new tax breaks to real estate LLC. Corker owns major real estate LLCs

The Trump administration has reportedly banned the Centers for Disease Control from using the phrases “evidence-based” and “science-based” on official documents.

Senior CDC officials distributed the list of “forbidden” words and phrases to policy analysts at the CDC on Thursday, the Washington Post reported Friday. The list also bans the use of “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender” and “fetus.”

Analysts are reportedly prohibited from using the phrases on official documents they prepare for the 2019 budget, which is expected to be released in February.

http://thehill.com/news-by-subject/...c-from-using-evidence-based-and-science-based

Yeah I found that hilariously stupid. Like when the Obama administration banned the use of Radical Islamic Terrorism in any reporting. I just don't get why governments have to "massage" the English language? By not using the word transgendered will they suddenly cease to exist? What else do you call a fetus?

Yeah, its insane. The combination of censorship of information and ignoring the will of the people in governing is very dangerous. Thats not a democracy.

Yeah I found that hilariously stupid. Like when the Obama administration banned the use of Radical Islamic Terrorism in any reporting. I just don't get why governments have to "massage" the English language? By not using the word transgendered will they suddenly cease to exist? What else do you call a fetus?

please substantiate that the administration banned the use of the term.

my understanding is that obama refused to use the term; but to my knowledge his administration did not cascade a policy paper instructing any agency not to use the term.

I thought they couldn't get jobs because they weren't great actresses.

The funny thing is, Sorvino won a very undeserved best supporting actress Oscar. Almost anyone who wins that award never does anything with their career. (Remember Mercedes Ruel?)
And did Liv Tyler's career get a big boost from getting one of those parts in LOTR?
Doesn't mean Weinstein isn't a scumbag, but I'm not sure that is the only reason Sorvino's career didn't do better.

Judd was in so many clunkers that all felt the same, people use to dunp on any movie she starred in.

It doesn't really matter whether she would have done better or not. Being blacklisted by one of the most powerful people in Hollywood because you wouldn't **** them is a problem.

my understanding is that obama refused to use the term; but to my knowledge his administration did not cascade a policy paper instructing any agency not to use the term.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/25/obamas-cleansing-of-islamic-terms-suppresses-commo/

Not quite what I was looking for but they did instruct the government to not use the term in reporting. I've seen that reported over the years.

In fact, I could challenge anyone to find a single public report from his time in office that used that term. They used the term extremism instead.

Purporting the lack of an internal memo means it never happened is weak. The fact that you won't find a report with the term is proof enough.

I should be more fair on this too, the Bush administration also instructed officials to not use the term publicly believing it too wide a brush considering the many sects of Islam.

Anyway, that wasn't my point. My point was massaging the language to create a certain mindset is stupid and dangerous.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/25/obamas-cleansing-of-islamic-terms-suppresses-commo/

Not quite what I was looking for but they did instruct the government to not use the term in reporting. I've seen that reported over the years.

In fact, I could challenge anyone to find a single public report from his time in office that used that term. They used the term extremism instead.

Purporting the lack of an internal memo means it never happened is weak. The fact that you won't find a report with the term is proof enough.

Yeah, pretty sure they effectively "banned" the term. Although I do think there's a difference between basically banning calling it all as "Islamic terrorists" and using another term for it, vs banning terms like "fetus" or "diversity". Yes, you're still trying to control the message, but there's at least some reason to it other than "we dun like 'dem queer folk killing 'er babies".

Yeah, it's not like that at all.

lol habsy responds to that ridiculous orwellian language censorship by immediately tryjng to both sides it with a false claim.

get a grip man.

Whatever zeke. All administrations have done it. So sick of your one-sidedness.

Here's a newsflash for all of you...

#bothsides is NOT a defense. The left seems to think it's a conversation stopper, it isn't. Why? Because everything is both sides, everything. You can argue severity but that is purely subjective based mostly on a person's moral code.

So your ridiculous reflex move of #bothsides is rejected.

You and I live at different spectrums, deal with it.

And with that I'm off to see Star wars with the kids. I think I'll have a kid on #bothsides of me just because.

Back