• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

The Associated Press
@AP
BREAKING: Democratic Party sues Russia, Trump campaign and Wikileaks, claiming conspiracy to help Trump win 2016 election.

whoa.

DbPHSTHVAAA35IV.jpg:large

wat.

huh.

I wonder if this is a giant PR ploy before the election, or if they actually have evidence that will stand up in court. If the latter, that is a pretty big deal.

So...the optimist in me says that they must have ridiculously solid evidence with some of the best legal minds in the country advising them that the suit has a very good chance of coming back with a satisfactory result.

The skeptic in me wonders if it's just a political stunt and if it's a trash complaint, are you not just under cutting the Mueller investigation by jumping too early?

Or are they protecting the Mueller investigation by making it so all of his findings have to be made available for the suit? So even if Trump fires everyone, the investigation may stop, but what has been gained to this point is still enough to get the job done?

I'm confused, but partially erect.

Oh snap...they did the same thing to Nixon

The lawsuit echoes a similar legal tactic that the Democratic Party used during the Watergate scandal. In 1972, the DNC filed suit against former president Richard Nixon’s reelection committee seeking $1 million in damages for the break-in at Democratic headquarters in the Watergate building.

The suit was denounced at the time by Nixon’s Attorney General, John Mitchell, who called it a case of “sheer demagoguery” by the DNC. But the civil action brought by former DNC chair Lawrence F. O’Brien was ultimately successful, yielding a $750,000 settlement from the Nixon campaign that was reached on the day in 1974 that Nixon left office.

Jim Sciutto @jimsciutto
Yes, this is a genuine official comment from the Kremlin: Putin did not tell Trump Russia has the most beautiful hookers in the world, says Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov. “President Putin could not say such things and did not say it to President Trump," Peskov said.

Ellen Barry
@EllenBarryNYT
“I can hardly imagine he rushed to the hotel to meet our girls of lower social responsibility — even though they are the best in the world, of course.” 17/1/17, Kremlin press conference

The Hill
@thehill
JUST IN: McCabe to sue Trump admin for defamation and wrongful termination hill.cm/pQqQr8l

nice country you have there, guys.

Trump's repeated public comments on these types of things really helps make sure the evidence plaintiffs need is quite easily accessible...

For a guy with some much experience in lawsuits, you would assume that he would have learned to avoid the type of shit that makes easy evidence against him in future suits.

But I think the greasy scumbag just sees it all as the cost of doing business. He really is the personification of the worst aspects of American society.

He's a guy who was lucky enough to be born into money who turned into a top flight conman.

and 50+ million people fell for it.

He's a guy who was lucky enough to be born into money who turned into a top flight conman.

and 50+ million people fell for it.

It's the extent of the con that's fascinating. multiple voices, lying 24/7 , etc. So much work when he could have simply bought an ETF and come out ahead.

It's the extent of the con that's fascinating. multiple voices, lying 24/7 , etc. So much work when he could have simply bought an ETF and come out ahead.

Well, he's made virtually his entire fortune based on his name, so if he keeps being on the public lists that he's worth a lot, then the name is worth more, which inflates the value even more. At this point, I'm pretty sure he doesn't care at all about how much money he actually has, just about how much money people think he has.

Billy Bush had a great story about Donald Trump claiming his Apprentice was #1 in the ratings when it was actually 37th on Bill Maher's show.
I even recall Trump on Howard Stern's show claiming it was #1 when it started to slip and a CBS exec. called in and went nuts.

If Donald Trump was the quiet, unassuming billionaire son of Fred Trump, who had smartly invested his multi million dollar inheritance in tech ETF's and intelligently navigated the markets to a (legitimate) 10+ billion dollar net worth, he wouldn't have been happy with it. He's a full blown narcissist. He absolutely needs affirmation and adulation from people. He would rather be a sham billionaire who the rubes think is uber wealthy, than an actual multi billionaire who gets no publicity and lives an unassuming life of ultra luxury.

It absolutely underlines one of the reasons he hates Bezos. Bezos is everything (significantly more actually...) than he ever claimed he was. A self made billionaire who turns everything he touches to solid gold. Bezos has even managed to turn a ****ing newspaper (a dying medium) into a money maker.

Amazon, Airbnb, Uber, Twitter Twitch, a bag of profitable websites/services, etc, etc, etc. All massive successes. When he has failed, (usually individual projects under the umbrella of one of his companies) he doesn't lie or try to spin it as a success, he accepts it, demands that his company learns from it and keeps it moving.

Bezos is everything that Donald Trump claims that he himself is....and Donnie ****ing hates him for it.

Back