• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

in more encouraging news.....

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/12/31/hannity_implodes.html

Hannity Implodes

New York Daily News: "In a fitting coda to 2012, we've learned that the ratings for rock-ribbed conservative Sean Hannity cratered after Barack Obama won his second term, with viewers tuning out the Fox News Channel talk-show host in droves."

"According to Nielsen numbers, Hannity lost around half of his audience in the weeks after the election, while his Fox News colleague Bill O'Reilly -- who steadfastly refuses to identify himself politically as a conservative -- retained around 70% of his audience."

maybe just maybe there's a tiny bit of sanity left...

MT @JakeSherman: house will whip spending cut amendment. If it gets 218, they'll move it. If not, up and down on senate pasted bill.

Slate @Slate
RT ‏@SamFeistCNN: Looks like House will vote on the Senate #fiscalcliff bill without amendments

So the House Pubs couldn't pass an amended bill. They'll vote for the Senate bill.

Huge test of congress here - this will be the first time under Obama that the house pubs have allowed a vote on a bill that didn't have the "majority of the majority" support behind it (a new "rule" in which they don't let any vote hit the floor unless a clear majority of the pubs favor it first).

Now we need another first under Obama - we need enough house republicans (50 or so) to break ranks with the tea party radicals and vote for a "democrat" bill and vote for tax hikes (though even now they can actually say these are tax cuts technically). This would be the first time this happens under obama (which is crazy stupid, of course), and they sure need it to happen.

This would also mark the first hike in the tax rate for the top bracket in 20 years.

Last edited:
Boehner may have pulled a little genius move today by allowing the tea party to try and whip up enough votes for an amended bill before voting on this senate bill. May have saved himself the speakership.

Boehner may have pulled a little genius move today by allowing the tea party to try and whip up enough votes for an amended bill before voting on this senate bill. May have saved himself the speakership.

I agree with you. A very smart move by him. I actually like Beohner and think he means well. However, he is held hostage by Cantor and the tea party.

That "genius" is still a complete and utter moron. The fact that he represents the GOP voice in any manner whatsoever is indicative of the plague killing them now.
Next up, Sarah Palin makes a comeback.

Fox News @FoxNews
WATCH LIVE: #House back in session, moves to vote on #Senate-passed #fiscal crisis bill bit.ly/nXBMXR

republicans can only admit to things like climate change when they're retiring.....sad....

@meredithshiner: House Rules Committee Chairman David Dreier in his farewell speech: "Climate change is a fact of life."

I'm still somewhat amazed that any of you care about this as you live in Canada and this has no impact on you. I'm watching the Orange Bowl and I haven't talked to a single person here in the last week who is paying much, if any, attention to this even though it will impact them.

I'm still somewhat amazed that any of you care about this as you live in Canada and this has no impact on you. I'm watching the Orange Bowl and I haven't talked to a single person here in the last week who is paying much, if any, attention to this even though it will impact them.

I always knew you guys didn't really care about it. It was all rah rah fanboy stuff, just like watching the orange bowl.

Typical American response. If America's financial situation fails, it is not only going to effect America, it effects the world.

It is like an alcoholic saying his/her drinking only effects them. Doesn't work that way. The friends, significant other, family all suffer along too in a variety of ways (emotional, financial etc etc).

The USA is our largest trading partner. We have tons of American businesses within our country. Heck, I work for Marriott and work on the regional desk booking for Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland. They just closed the Centre in Halifax. Sarnia is the last Canadian center other than Regina home agents.

So yes, it does effect this country and it does effect me.

Get out of the bubble.

Last edited:
Back