• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

So much so that there’s a theme restaurant dedicated to him and several movies have been made about him or including him.

I guess people really lost their shit over it.

#boycottgraceland
#pedoelvis
#brokenzeke

And let me just throw out there that I remember the 70s well and 32 year old guys going after 14 year olds? Yeah, not ok not acceptable.

When I was 15 there were at least two girls in my class dating guys in their 20’s. I knew others that had much older bf’s when they were 16. I’m talking guys in their 30’s easily. There was even a guy in my high school that was banging the office secretary when he was 14 or 15.

I grew up in the Ottawa version of Newmarket in the mid 80’s. Times were different even that far back.

So much so that there’s a theme restaurant dedicated to him and several movies have been made about him or including him.

I guess people really lost their shit over it.

#boycottgraceland
#pedoelvis
#brokenzeke

Elvis was only 24... still creepy and wrong... but not as bad as 32.

I've always thought Elvis and Jerry Lee were creeps for going after those young girls.

When I was 15 there were at least two girls in my class dating guys in their 20’s. I knew others that had much older bf’s when they were 16. I’m talking guys in their 30’s easily. There was even a guy in my high school that was banging the office secretary when he was 14 or 15.

I grew up in the Ottawa version of Newmarket in the mid 80’s. Times were different even that far back.
This explains a lot

There were older guys dating high school girls when I was young too.... everyone thought they were total creeps.

Actually you didn’t specify that.

I just don’t understand the selective outrage. This guy tried to bang a 14 year old when he was 30 some 40+ years ago, yet a guy who actually impregnated a 14 year old is to this day known as the King of Rock.

How is it any different?

Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old cousin. Outrage?

Chuck Berry charged under the Mann Act for taking a 14 year old girl across a State line. Outrage?

There was no joke. The world has changed. Judging peoples behaviour from different eras using today’s standards isn’t practical to say the least, unless you have built a time machine and plan on going back to set everyone straight.

Time out

1) Elvis was dating Priscilla when he was 24 and she was 14. That is disgusting no doubt.

2) That was also in 1959. This event by Moore was in 1978. A little difference in timeline than what you state, but both are disgusting.

3) Priscilla did not get pregnant until the late 60s. In fact she didn't see Elvis for two years between 1960-1962 when Elvis served in the army.

4) There was plenty of people complaining about Jerry Lee Lewis.

5) Berry's act was in 1959 and he went to jail for two years for it. It was still disgusting.

All of the actual facts here, took 2 minutes to google.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/928775687737049088

Daniel Dale ✔@ddale8
Alabama Geneva County GOP chairman Riley Seibenhener, who called me back, says he doesn't believe the allegations are true, but if they're true he won't support him - but, at the same time, it's not "forcible rape."

"I know that 14-year-olds don't make good decisions," he adds

That's ****ing EVIL

"Other than being with an underage person - he didn't really force himself," Alabama Geneva County GOP chairman Riley Seibenhener tells me. "I know that's bad enough, but I don't know. If he withdraws, it's five weeks to the election...that would concede it to the Democrat."

Morally ****ing bankrupt.

Replying to @ddale8
"Yeah!" Covington County GOP Chairman William Blocker tells me he'd consider voting Moore even if hard proof of sexual abuse emerged.

"There is NO option to support to support Doug Jones, the Democratic nominee. When you do that, you are supporting the entire Democrat party."

MORALLY ****ING BANKRUPT.

After a long pause, Alabama Bibb County Republican chairman Jerry Pow tells me he'd vote for Roy Moore even if Moore did commit a sex crime against a girl.

"I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn't want to vote for Doug," he says. "I'm not saying I support what he did."

"It was 40 years ago," Alabama Marion County GOP chair David Hall tells me. "I really don't see the relevance of it. He was 32. She was supposedly 14. She's not saying that anything happened other than they kissed."

Me: "The story said she said he tried to get her to touch his genitals." Hall: "Well, she said he may have TRIED to. But we're talking something that somebody SAID happened, 40 years ago. It wouldn't affect whether or not I'd vote for him."

This is the party of "Christian Conservatives"

Is Elvis running for office? Probably not a good idea. Lots of baggage and health issues.

all those active gop officials literally saying they would vote for a pedo is jaw dropping.

even better is that they're all pretty much assuming that he did do it, and aren't trying to deny it.

Back