• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I've been gone for two weeks and Johnny still hasn't learned that the right to free speech merely means that the government can not imprison you for what you say. It does not protect you against the actions of private citizens.

Didn't you insinuate that if zeke called you a Nazi to your face that you may knock him out?

If you go somewhere that you can reasonably expect to get knocked out for being a twat... and you provoke people with very incendiary speech/symbols and you get knocked out... that's not a free speech issue.

As I literally just heard Marilyn Manson say on Howard Stern as I was typing this... "free speech does not come with a dental plan." (greatest coincidence I can recall)

Clearly the goof was trying to get a reaction but legally, as he did not appear to be a threat to the guy in the hoodie, the guy in the hoodie had no legal right to go up and punch him in the face. Provocation might go to reduce any civil damages he could claim civilly, but it does not give rise to a defence of self defence.

Legally, you do not have the right to punch people in the face because you disagree with what they are wearing, their political views etc.

scared of the real world, hiding behind PC hashtags.

the real world you face consequences for your actions.

Losing your job is a consequence, being outed is a consequence, getting punched in the face without provocation might be a consequence but it is one with a legal remedy and possible criminal charges for the person who did the punching.

Clearly the goof was trying to get a reaction but legally, as he did not appear to be a threat to the guy in the hoodie, the guy in the hoodie had no legal right to go up and punch him in the face. Provocation might go to reduce any civil damages he could claim civilly, but it does not give rise to a defence of self defence.

Legally, you do not have the right to punch people in the face because you disagree with what they are wearing, their political views etc.

The guy in the hoodie will push for a jury trial. Good luck getting either a criminal conviction or large cash award to a Nazi.

You're simply going out of your way to defend something that you think your leader loves - and it's ****ing NAZI's.

I know for a fact that if First Nations freely spoke about their lands being destroyed you would denounce everything they say and demand that they should be removed by any means necessary.

I trust you have returned your house to the rightful native group in your area for free.

I guess it worked for him in the Republican primaries and the general election, so he figures it's an effective strategy for everything.

Except Rocket Man is a pretty cool nickname. Not much of an insult.

I've been gone for two weeks and Johnny still hasn't learned that the right to free speech merely means that the government can not imprison you for what you say. It does not protect you against the actions of private citizens.
That was assault. Just saying.

It was an assault... one that was 99.9% predictable.

I have the right to walk into a honky-tonk in Tennessee and spew anti-American rhetoric... but I'm pretty sure I would get my ass whooped. I could probably have people charged... but it doesn't mean I didn't deserve an ass whooping for being stupid.

That was assault. Just saying.

Good luck finding 12 people willing to put a man in jail for hitting a Nazi.

Oh and in the US, district attorneys are elected... good luck finding one to prosecute.

Good luck also finding a judge willing to give him a jail term. Again, elected.

Good luck finding 12 people willing to put a man in jail for hitting a Nazi.

Oh and in the US, district attorneys are elected... good luck finding one to prosecute.

Good luck also finding a judge willing to give him a jail term. Again, elected.
None of that means it wasn't assault. Did the asshat ask for it? Sure. Still assault.

No, the law does that. Specifically the one I quoted earlier.

The guy in the hoodie will push for a jury trial. Good luck getting either a criminal conviction or large cash award to a Nazi.

Well actually if you read the story, you would know that the nazi left, did not cooperate with the police, and did not pursue charges.

Try researching once in a while.

Well actually if you read the story, you would know that the nazi left, did not cooperate with the police, and did not pursue charges.

Try researching once in a while.

Because he knows it would be pointless to try to pursue charges, cause no one will convict.

Exactly like i said above.

Try using some critical thinking skills once in a while.

Because he knows it would be pointless to try to pursue charges, cause no one will convict.

Exactly like i said above.

Try using some critical thinking skills once in a while.

Really...this guy strikes you as an intellectual? You believe he thought it through that thoroughly? :lol

He's still a victim of assault, whether you like it or not.

Back