• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Tennis anyone?

Re: OT: Tennis anyone? Raonic, Bouchard, The Majors, etc.

Except the grump was trying to win

These guys have everything planned now, they decide before the game that they will only put so much measured effort in these small tournaments. If their opponent is playing out of his/her mind, they wont try to match it.

Do they stamp that on the tickets the fans buy?

I agree it must be frustrating for the fans. So many times a top player may win in the first round, then decide to pull out because of an "injury".

Bouchard loses in the first round at Wimbledon.

In other news, water is wet.

So Shapovalov also lost while Abanda made it to the next round...

I watched some of Shapavalov's match and he played well. I like his future but the kid should watch his temper after his Davis Cup meltdown.

As for Genie... didn't see the match but she talked about being nervous. It's a shame because she showed signs of her old self in Australia but it has been brutal ever since then. She needs to start playing a whole bunch of the minor events and building herself up but even in those she tends to bow out in the 1st round.

She might have to go down to the challenger series or the equivalent for women, but as you state, she loses them too.

Maybe it was Sharapova's revenge for Bouchard crapping on her earlier this year.

Federer destroys Raonic in QF 6-4 6-2 7-6. Grump loses. Djokovic retires.

Hands up if you had these semi finals

Cilic-Querrey

Federer-Berdych

I actually like Venus but something doesn't feel right that one day she kills man while driving and then the next day she is playing at Wimbeldon.

I actually like Venus but something doesn't feel right that one day she kills man while driving and then the next day she is playing at Wimbeldon.

You need to get more info about that. The accident wasn't her fault.

Anyhow, go Venus Williams and Federer for the win.

You need to get more info about that. The accident wasn't her fault.

Anyhow, go Venus Williams and Federer for the win.

Really? My understanding was that the police stated it was her fault. Let me go investigate...

https://www.si.com/tennis/2017/07/11/venus-williams-cleared-car-accident-video-evidence-legal-analysis

So it seems the police have reversed their blame of Venus after studying new camera evidence. How about that?

Seems like it could be challenged though. It says that Venus entered the intersection while on a green light but had to stop due to traffic. I always thought you are not supposed to enter an intersection if their is some sort of traffic blockage ahead?

Still I have to wonder what the other car was looking at if they plowed into her car.

Back