• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Tennis anyone?

It's a debate that should be left up to communities and experts. I suggest you remove yourself from this argument. It's coming off in a poor way and it's not appropriate.

Since you are getting defensive, I have adjusted my post language. Hopefully that helps.

It's a debate that should be left up to communities and experts. I suggest you remove yourself from this argument. It's coming off in a poor way and it's not appropriate.

Since you are getting defensive, I have adjusted my post language. Hopefully that helps.

Just because I told you your comment had no merit hardly means I was "defensive".

If you are stating only natives can comment on their issues, I disagree given what they decide can affect others.

Bouchard actually won her first round match. Roanic's slide to oblivion continued with a first rd loss to a nobody. Shapovolov lost to Tsonga.

Who was it again who said Raonic would win a major?

Dont know.

I will say that bouchard looked good, or dodin played really poorly.

probably more the latter, but she needs any break that she can get. She doesnt get one in the next round, has to play #1 Halep.

Last edited:
You guys are funny, Bouchard has made almost 6 million in prize money, Raonic 16 million. I hope they invested well?

You guys are funny, Bouchard has made almost 6 million in prize money, Raonic 16 million. I hope they invested well?

Lol, I think we all rationally know that neither are going to end up penniless and working in the sex industry.

I think its simply something said about how close they are to crashing out of of pro tennis.

Raonic needs to get healthy and fit again. He probably came back too early for the Australian open.

As for Bouchard, I think her game is just too one dimensional. All about power and no finesse.

Last edited:
Lol, I think we all rationally know that neither are going to end up penniless and working in the sex industry.

I think its simply something said about how close they are to crashing out of of pro tennis.

It's a sport like golf where you can be done in a few short years . Unlike hockey where your just a piece of a puzzle getting paid great money , individual sports are the ones where mental toughness and perseverance is key.

A couple of bad years gets you back in Q school in golf or out of the top 100 in tennis.

A couple of bad years in hockey gets you Plekanec still getting paid millions.

Raonic needs to get healthy and fit again. He probably came back too early for the Australian open.

As for Bouchard, I think her game is just too one dimensional. All about power and no finesse.

Roanic was never a true top 10 guy, he got there because of injuries to other players. His biggest victory was over Federer who was playing on one stick and half a back in Wimbledon. He might make it back to top 15 but Raonic is done as a top 10 type guy.

Back