• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Tennis anyone?

Re: OT: Milos Raonic - What's your take Krusty?

Is it fair to say that Bassett's success... even though it wasn't much... is the epitome of what having a rich father can do for you? "Daddy I'm bored and I want to play tennis. Can you get me a coach?"

She and her hubby, Roberto Seguso, took too much coke. And yes, I know this for a fact from someone who knows them very well.

Seguso's one big claim to fame was beating Jimmy Connors in the 1st or 2nd round in Wimbledon in 1986 I believe. I remember NBC announcers bitching the Jimmy walked off before waiting for Seguso and took away his one shining moment.

he should just retire
he will never win

Seguso's one big claim to fame was beating Jimmy Connors in the 1st or 2nd round in Wimbledon in 1986 I believe. I remember NBC announcers bitching the Jimmy walked off before waiting for Seguso and took away his one shining moment.

I guess you don't follow tennis much. Seguso and Ken Flach won several doubles grand slams, and the gold medal at the Seoul Olympics. He was a fantastic doubles player, despite the coke.

I guess you don't follow tennis much. Seguso and Ken Flach won several doubles grand slams, and the gold medal at the Seoul Olympics. He was a fantastic doubles player, despite the coke.

I can't tell you how many people talk to me about great doubles players and how dominant they can be on the tour, oh yeah I can NONE.

I watched the match live and Raonic did as expected. Actually did well in the 1st set with some great returns but his serve started to fall off in the 2nd and Hewitt adjusted to it as well, just concentrating on returning it over the net and once the long rallies started you knew Raonic would eventually make a mistake and hit it into the net.

Hewitt's experience and ability to dig deep cost Raonic who needs to play more 5-set tourny's to learn how to pace himself.

Doesn't matter really because Hewitt will get destroyed by Djokovic as would have Raonic.

That's the only thing Raonic has got: a serve.

At least when Roddick won a slam, he had a serve and fh (though there were other factors such a shady USO scheduling which helped him win his lone slam... but no matter...).

Would have liked to see him upset Hewitt. Never liked that twit...

...and Hurricane Helen Kelesi. :lol

Too bad cancer ended her career. She was something. I've read about how she used to unnerve her opponents with her temper tantrums and other antics. Including Pam Shriver who left a match to go have a drink and had to be talked into returning to finish it. :lol

Too bad cancer ended her career. She was something. I've read about how she used to unnerve her opponents with her temper tantrums and other antics. Including Pam Shriver who left a match to go have a drink and had to be talked into returning to finish it. :lol

I believe she had benign brain tumours if memory serves?

I believe she had benign brain tumours if memory serves?

"Kelesi's professional career came to an end in 1995 when a brain tumour the size of a tennis ball was discovered following months of headaches, dizziness and vision problems. Numerous operations followed over the years, but Kelesi successfully recovered and began coaching young children in Canada in the late 1990s. She also became a part-time tennis journalist and commentator." from Wikipedia

That's the only thing Raonic has got: a serve.

At least when Roddick won a slam, he had a serve and fh (though there were other factors such a shady USO scheduling which helped him win his lone slam... but no matter...).

Would have liked to see him upset Hewitt. Never liked that twit...
His game has improved a lot in 1 year and he just turned 21 so he can still be a top player and probably will be as the the greats of today eventually fade. His strokes have lots of power but he just needs to gain confidence in tough situations because he rarely seems to win long rallies. However if he were to lose something off that serve then he won't get very far.

By the book he was the favorite against Hewitt... and he had him until Hewitt broke his serve in set 2.

Today Tomic, the other Aussie fan fave and young'en like Milos got obliterated by Federer. The top 3 are in their own class right now and it looks like Nadal will face the winner of a Djokovic/Federer semi-final match.

Really... my bad. I just guessed at it actually. I think I like it that way better because Federer really wants another chance to beat Nadal.

His game has improved a lot in 1 year and he just turned 21 so he can still be a top player and probably will be as the the greats of today eventually fade. His strokes have lots of power but he just needs to gain confidence in tough situations because he rarely seems to win long rallies. However if he were to lose something off that serve then he won't get very far.

By the book he was the favorite against Hewitt... and he had him until Hewitt broke his serve in set 2.

Today Tomic, the other Aussie fan fave and young'en like Milos got obliterated by Federer. The top 3 are in their own class right now and it looks like Nadal will face the winner of a Djokovic/Federer semi-final match.
His game may have improved but he's still a one-dimensional type of player. I can't picture him as a top player. You need more than a serve to win a slam imo.

He's 21! Heck, even PK Subban got free passes at this age and he's one-dimensional!

So now we are to compare PK (team sport) and Raonic (individual sport)? :lol

Back