• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Tennis anyone?

Re: OT: Tennis anyone? Raonic, Bouchard, The Majors, etc.

Stephanie Myles ‏
Looks like Angelique Kerber passes Bouchard, too - by two points - to drop her to No. 11.

Stephanie Myles ‏
Looks like Angelique Kerber passes Bouchard, too - by two points - to drop her to No. 11.

Most of Genie's remaining points are from Wimbledon. Another early loss there will really send her ranking much further down. Genie has always sucked in Masters and 500 series tornaments. She can make up points if she plays better in those.

All indications right now is that she would struggle in any tournament.

She can't even win her first round matches, poor girl.

How far will Raonic fall given he didn't play in the French?

He will probably retire after the Olympics.

Hope he can make a run at Wimbledon. It would be nice for him to end his career on a high note... ;)

Milos Raonic
A good time out on court today with @andy_murray

I'm excited to be playing my first match,…

A day after she said "Grass suits my game" Genie promptly lost to another random tennis player.

1-10 in her last 11 matches.

she is using the Andre Agassi method, go to the top, then crash back down to the bottom and get back up

She is just terrible.

She is more Anna Kournikova than Maria Sharapova

Milos won his 1st and 2nd round matches at Queen's Club including a tricky one over Richard Gasquet. He has Gilles Simon in the QF. Wawrinka lost his match, so Milos has a favorable draw to the finals.

I'm not sure if he can improve his ranking before Wimbledon. I know Wimbledon sometimes creates it's own rankings (which might benefit Milos), but going in as the 8th seed likely means Djokovic in the QF - which of course is not ideal.

Milos won his 1st and 2nd round matches at Queen's Club including a tricky one over Richard Gasquet. He has Gilles Simon in the QF. Wawrinka lost his match, so Milos has a favorable draw to the finals.

I'm not sure if he can improve his ranking before Wimbledon. I know Wimbledon sometimes creates it's own rankings (which might benefit Milos), but going in as the 8th seed likely means Djokovic in the QF - which of course is not ideal.

8 doesn't likely mean djokovic

They don't do a 1 vs 8 set up

they do a draw, where 1, 2, 3, 4 each get placed in a quadrant.... 5,6,7,8 then each get placed in a quadrant, etc...

Semi final could be 1 vs 2, and 3 vs 4; or it could be 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4; or it could be 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3; all depends on the draw.

Same thing for quarterfinals.... 1 could play 5, 6, 7, or 8 in the quarterfinals.... its unknown until the draw.

They do this at every tournament so that if someone is always ranked number 1, and someone else is always stuck at number 8, they don't face each other in every single tourney.

8 doesn't likely mean djokovic

They don't do a 1 vs 8 set up

they do a draw, where 1, 2, 3, 4 each get placed in a quadrant.... 5,6,7,8 then each get placed in a quadrant, etc...

Semi final could be 1 vs 2, and 3 vs 4; or it could be 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4; or it could be 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3; all depends on the draw.

Same thing for quarterfinals.... 1 could play 5, 6, 7, or 8 in the quarterfinals.... its unknown until the draw.

They do this at every tournament so that if someone is always ranked number 1, and someone else is always stuck at number 8, they don't face each other in every single tourney.

Yup. We know this.

The comment was that his seed could line him up to play Djokovic in the QF.

He was ranked 4th before he got hurt. That would be much more ideal in major.

His serve will do him well on grass. He won't win it all, that will be Novak, Stan or Roger but he should make QF

Don't forget this is Andy's fave tourny.

Will be nice if Milos can get through to the 2nd week since we know that is basically impossible for Genie at this point. Does getting knocked out in the 1st round even cover your travel costs?

Will be nice if Milos can get through to the 2nd week since we know that is basically impossible for Genie at this point. Does getting knocked out in the 1st round even cover your travel costs?
Not when Pinty's drops her.

Milos made the SF last year. People around here seem to want to ignore that he's a lock to make the QF in every big tournament he plays.

In this one if he can avoid Djokovic until the at least the semi's he has a chance to win it all.

Fed has struggled a bit this summer. Wawrinka is very hit or miss, and he's not great on grass. Nadal won't beat Milos on grass. Murray and Milos play very competitive matches.

A healthy Raonic at Wimbledon is a legit threat.

Back