• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Food & Drink Thread - Where to Go, What to Eat, etc.

Re: Habs sign Jiri Sekac to two-year deal

The episodes that air in Canada are at least a year old. They are still airing one which features a restaurant that Kid Rock owned that has long since gone out of business.

I get DTV and have seen almost every episode. I wish we had some of that food here in montreal instead of fancy french places that give you almost no portion sizes and throw sauce on the plate to take up space. I salivate when I watch that show.

I get DTV and have seen almost every episode. I wish we had some of that food here in montreal instead of fancy french places that give you almost no portion sizes and throw sauce on the plate to take up space. I salivate when I watch that show.

It's actually amazing that Guy is not fatter given what he eats.

I get DTV and have seen almost every episode. I wish we had some of that food here in montreal instead blah blah blah blah I hate frogs blah blah blah.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/f/67/6618/Montreal/Diners?last_filter=cuisine&page=
http://www.urbanspoon.com/f/67/6647/Montreal/Southern-Soul-Restaurants

The internet is a wonderful thing, that took about 12 seconds.

I hear there are also one or two Italian and Greek eateries in Montreal. Word is they don't skimp on portions, so tuck in.

Geezus.

Any of you ever been to Joe Beef? Is it as good as everyone says it is?

Been there on my last trip to Montreal. It was amazing, especially the Lievre Royale, simply quite possibly the best single food item I've ever had in my life.

But I also mostly like the overall vibe of the restaurant, it's warm and down to Earth, it doesn't feel like some other snob fancy restaurants. They clearly love their food there.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/f/67/6618/Montreal/Diners?last_filter=cuisine&page=
http://www.urbanspoon.com/f/67/6647/Montreal/Southern-Soul-Restaurants

The internet is a wonderful thing, that took about 12 seconds.

I hear there are also one or two Italian and Greek eateries in Montreal. Word is they don't skimp on portions, so tuck in.

Geezus.

I like frogs, I find them cute. You obviously don't watch the show if you think any place on that list would ever come close to being on DDD.

Been there on my last trip to Montreal. It was amazing, especially the Lievre Royale, simply quite possibly the best single food item I've ever had in my life.

But I also mostly like the overall vibe of the restaurant, it's warm and down to Earth, it doesn't feel like some other snob fancy restaurants. They clearly love their food there.

Next time you come to Montreal, try Tuck Shop. Heard a lot of good things about them over the last year & they lived up to it. I like that they have a small, ever-changing menu varying on what's in season at the market. My only complaint is that it gets a little loud, but really that's a minor thing.

I reserved a table at Joe Beef... First Friday for 4 at 6PM available was in late November, heh. Oh well, I'll wait.

Yeah I was able to get one on a Thursday at 10pm, which was fine because our plane was landing at 8pm that day.

Maybe I'll try Tuck Shop next time but it's going to be hard to not go back to Joe Beef! :)

I wish I was rich, I'd go out way more often. :)

It's probably best that you don't....

People that eat out a lot tend to put on more weight....nothing beats home cooking....there's lots of salt in restaurant cooking, and the foods are often processed (even at high-end places).

Not everyone obviously....one cannot generalize.....(waiting for Habsy to swing by and ''educate'' us on the world of restaurants)

It's probably best that you don't....

People that eat out a lot tend to put on more weight....nothing beats home cooking....there's lots of salt in restaurant cooking, and the foods are often processed (even at high-end places).

Not everyone obviously....one cannot generalize.....(waiting for Habsy to swing by and ''educate'' us on the world of restaurants)

Don't worry, I know. Used to be my profession.

Back