• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Re: OT: Canadian Politics

I love how you refuse to engage me on this subject, but continue to return to it whenever the Conservative fiscal record is brought up.
What? There was a global economic slowdown - and our largest trading partners economy took a total dive. Clearly we're going to be impacted...

Rubio isn't insane, just sheltered and inexperienced. He needs better advisers.

Reading some of his quotes, I'd have to strongly disagree. Sheltered, yes. Inexperienced, yes, but you could say those things about ALL the candidates on both sides.
Bat Shit Crazy only applies to some of them, and Rubio is included, I'm afraid.

A new poll out today shows most Americans trust Hillary Clinton to better combat terrorism than any of the Republican candidates. In head to head match ups she is beating every one of them.

The irony is that it's the Republicans themselves that prove she has more experience with terrorism than any of them do, after they raked her over the coals about Benghazi for years.... and still are now...

Hey look, a prime minister of Canada has sat down and talked to the premiers of Canada.

It's been what, 6 years since that last happened?

Hey look, the micromanaging dictator of Ottawa is gone, and the closed lines of communication are free to open up again...

What? There was a global economic slowdown - and our largest trading partners economy took a total dive. Clearly we're going to be impacted...

Impacted? Sure...I've shown you the numbers on just how impacted and over what time period we were impacted. You continue to use that to explain away an extra 5 years of deficits.

to be fair, i know some people who served pre-cons and some people who served post and it really was night and day.

a former colleague said the equipment was so old, dated and in a state of such disrepair that there were times they had to borrow equipment - including (in the former colleague's case) an airplane to get home (this would have been mid-90s and i forget exactly where he was returning from but i think related to kosovo). he said they sat on the tarmac for hours, then they had them board a US plane from the tarmac right as the American soldiers were disembarking. i heard the story hears ago and am forgetting some details, but he said it was just totally humiliating.

friends who served in afghanistan didn't have nearly the same sort of experience.

Yeah, I'm just appalled at the current state of the RCN and the Conservatives deserve a huge amount of criticism for the decline of our naval capacity, but they really did a great job acquiring billions of dollars worth of upgraded and new hardware in the form of LAV-III armoured vehicles, Leopard tanks, artillery pieces, and transport aircraft.

My guess is either a former poster or a sockpuppet account for a current one (I have my suspicions, but suspect I know who they are).

Ted Cruz has now pulled into a tie with Donald Trump for the lead in Iowa.

This has been my fear. Cruz has just been lurking in the shadows, letting everyone else duke it out. He has a billionaire funding his superpac. Now here he comes.

Cruz is the one I am frightened of he most. Guy is bayshot crazy.

Until the Republicans disassociate themselves from the tea baggers all their potential candidates will be batshit crazy because the current base is batshit crazy.

Justin Ling ‏@Justin_Ling 2h2 hours ago

Liberal ministers are refusing to speak outside their cabinet room. They're insisting that they do all media downstairs, in the foyer.

#realchange!

Back