• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

It would be kind of cool to have a Canadian as president.

Ha! LOL!

Whenever I see Cruz speak he gives off that creepy, scary, religious cult leader vibe (aka Jim Jones). It would not shock me if he loses his bid for the election for him to command his supporters to all drink the special koolaid he has prepared so they do not have to live in a country without him as President.

The guy is a creep.

Re: OT: Canadian Politics

Like the time Teeder thought you, me, sheep, hornet were all the same person and he could prove it. :smilielol5:

I'm reminded of a Simpsons quote that I re-heard recently that I think applies perfectly to teeds:

Your Uncle Arthur used to have a saying. "Shoot em' all and let God sort it out." Unfortunately, one day he put his theory into practice. It took 75 federal marshals to bring him down. Now, let's never speak of him again.

"Honey, you should listen to your heart and not the voices in your head like a certain uncle did one gray December morn."

Cruz was creepily charismatic in that interview I saw him do on Colbert's new program. It does not shock me in the least that the guy has the level of popularity he does despite his positions.

Cruz was creepily charismatic in that interview I saw him do on Colbert's new program. It does not shock me in the least that the guy has the level of popularity he does despite his positions.

Exactly! Which is why I have been worried he would rise up.

Trump/Carson implode and I see all there support going to him.

Strategically he has played this very well.

A5KZcAV.jpg

So, the Liberal refugee plan is in. The Liberals will only be accepting 10,000 refugees by the end of 2015. The remaining 15,000 will come over the course of the first few months of 2016. As well, only 15,000 of the refugees will be sponsored by the government. The remaining costs are to be covered by private citizens and groups.

All the refugees will be brought into Canada as permanent residents, which means they'll be screened overseas before coming to Canada.

Yeah, I'm pretty okay with this. The logistics of 25,000 before year end were pretty ambitious.

However, I hope after this initial 25,000 is done, we set up a system to maintain a flow of refugees coming in from Syria. 25,000 is really just a drop in the bucket.

Yeah, I'm pretty okay with this. The logistics of 25,000 before year end were pretty ambitious.

However, I hope after this initial 25,000 is done, we set up a system to maintain a flow of refugees coming in from Syria. 25,000 is really just a drop in the bucket.

With more than 14 million refugees under UNHCR control does it really matter where they come from?

Yea, no thanks.

This is all kinds of stupid and funny all at once.
So glad our new PM won't simply gag everyone like the last one did.

It's been really interesting that since harper has left, former Tory ministers are now openly talking about how they didn't like the tone, didn't like the partisanship, how they want inquiries in MMIW and the return of the census.

They almost seem human when they aren't vomiting out strictly scripted talking points.

Covenient to mention now, after being thrashed. I guess the beatdown triggered hazy memories of once having had principles. I guess between then and now, they must have suffered from collective amnesia.

Reading some of his quotes, I'd have to strongly disagree. Sheltered, yes. Inexperienced, yes, but you could say those things about ALL the candidates on both sides.
Bat Shit Crazy only applies to some of them, and Rubio is included, I'm afraid.
You conflate reaching with batshit crazy. He's trying to"belong" with the other candidates. I think it's a mistake on the part of his campaign people. I've followed him for some time and while he's not ideal (I wouldn't vote for him for president) he really isn't crazy. Lately he might come off that way though.

Last edited:
Back