• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Re: OT: Canadian Politics

Yeah this is such a non-issue. Kid had friends, friends got drunk, girl was stupid drunk. She'll at least have a cool story for when she goes to university.

I'm not a Harper fan at all, but pointing the finger at him for this is inappropriate.

Hopefully the girl recovers. This is a non-story.

The media needs to report on real issues like poverty and war - not this crap.

Ottawa to propose new pension scheme, but not budging on CPP

Ottawa is preparing to announce a proposal to create yet another new pension scheme designed to occupy a middle ground between defined-benefit plans, generally favoured by workers, and defined-contribution plans favoured by employers.

The announcement for a so-called target benefit plan, or shared-risk plan, would apply to Crown corporations and federally regulated workers is being sold as a proposal for "affordable and sustainable" lifetime pensions.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ott...nsion-scheme-but-not-budging-on-cpp-1.2620242
An awesome first step to leveling the divide between public sector pensions and the rest of Canada.

Is that really a qualm of yours? Teenagers drink.

Even the worst totalitarian dictators had kids that acted up.

Authoritarian, controlling, whatever...you still can't manage everyone at every second.

Your reading comprehension sucks.

Fact of the matter is, that a crime occurred right under Harper's nose. The most authoritarian PM we've had in many years. A PM who supported mandatory minimums for marijuana crimes. A minor got shit faced at his residence.

There's irony in there.

A crime? I see we are playing the literal card. Awesome.

Considering the girl is reportedly 18, and 24 Sussex is about a golf hole from Gatineau, I don't think any charges will come.

Thanks though, Inspector.

Considering the girl is reportedly 18, and 24 Sussex is about a golf hole from Gatineau, I don't think any charges will come.

Are you being deliberately dense?

That's my point, genius. Harper wants "unreported" crimes to be reported, wants literal crimes punished to a greater extent, wants bullshit policies like mandatory minimums implemented. Except when they happen on his front lawn though, apparently, and where he would be the one liable.

I'm neither asking for, nor expecting charges to be laid. Merely pointing out a point of irony

Even the most literal application of Harper's unreported crime wouldn't expect to see underage drinking as a target.

The greater question is this - how did they get the alcohol? The Beer Store would have us believe underage drinking isn't possible.

She didn't dive off a balcony...she was drunk. I'm sure she had her stomach pumped and is walking around fine as we type.

Probably, but the only way this story will have legs is if she doesn't recover.

I'm on your side for this one Corks - why are you trying to make it so difficult for me to support you?

I agree that this is a non-story.

I just think even the mere mention that she won't "recover" is giving the story more legs than it deserves. That's all.

I can guarantee you that the girl was discharged from the ER less than 8 hrs after she arrived. Most likely just put her in a bed, started an IV and let her sleep it off.

I couldn't even guess the number of drunks i've brought in who weren't near death drunk. This is such a non-story that it is almost funny.

I can guarantee you that the girl was discharged from the ER less than 8 hrs after she arrived. Most likely just put her in a bed, started an IV and let her sleep it off.

I couldn't even guess the number of drunks i've brought in who weren't near death drunk. This is such a non-story that it is almost funny.

It's a story in that an under-age girl got drunk in the PM's residence. It's a non-story in that an under-age girl got drunk at a friend's 18th birthday party.

Back