• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Re: OT: Canadian Politics

Yeah, I'm not sure Corky really gets what he's saying here. His reflex to defend the Conservatives has again appears to have by-passed his brain for critical analysis.

Yeah, I'm not sure Corky really gets what he's saying here. His reflex to defend the Conservatives has again appears to have by-passed his brain for critical analysis.
I'm not defending anyone in this case. I just thought it was funny.

The way they ran the report they are doing the very same thing that is being deemed potentially illegal.

Sure it's "funny", but it's obvious more damning when the people who constructed, pumped and passed the bill were likely the very first to break it. In a ****ing attack ad no less.

Is there any actual news in this thread or just more pissy stuff that doesn't matter?

Welcome to election season.

I can make a substantive argument about how Harper has been a shambolic money manager as a PM that only achieved a balanced budget through smoke and mirrors, but those posts tend to get ignored.

It's moreso that I don't think either of his opponents would have done better in that regard, so other elements are taken into account. I haven't seen a single modern-day Western leader that I would trust financially outside of Merkel.

Also, I've stated before that I don't think C-51 is perfect legislation. I think oversight is the largest issue. The bill can be an abortion but as long as proper oversight is in place then hopefully the damage is minimal. So yes, I think our anti-terrorism legislation needs to be fixed, so I support the bill, but I want amendments.

It's moreso that I don't think either of his opponents would have done better in that regard, so other elements are taken into account. I haven't seen a single modern-day Western leader that I would trust financially outside of Merkel.

"Financial trust" doesn't equate to running an economy properly. The EU has come within a hair or losing a member, and the Germans are partly responsible due to their reckless and self-serving behaviour.

As far as managing the economy is concerned, it's the Americans who came closest to getting it right. They difference is they used basic economc principles to guide policy, instead of Lutheran morality.

Yes, but when one is a known flop show in that regard, I'll take my chances with one of the unknown flop shows.

Also, I've stated before that I don't think C-51 is perfect legislation. I think oversight is the largest issue. The bill can be an abortion but as long as proper oversight is in place then hopefully the damage is minimal. So yes, I think our anti-terrorism legislation needs to be fixed, so I support the bill, but I want amendments.

The bill isn't designed to be an anti terrorism bill. It's designed to be an anti dissent bill.

Go ahead, give it a read.

What? No one commenting on Del Mastro getting 30 day prison, plus house arrest sentence today?

Too Liberal of the media to report that uncomfortable truth, I guess.
I still remember how Harper staunchly supported his buddy Del Mastro against those allegations, just like he did Duffy and his former Chief of Staff. I guess Cons don't like so much egg on their face. Especially just in time for elections.

The Donald just lost his presidential bid: link
NBC has cut business ties with Donald Trump over recent remarks he made about Mexican immigrants. That means no more airings of Miss Universe and Miss USA pageants on NBC.
link
A television company controlled by Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim has cancelled a project with real estate developer and TV personality Donald Trump after his comments insulting Mexicans, Slim's spokesman said on Monday.

This is the third company to cut ties with Trump, who is seeking the Republican nomination for the November 2016 presidential election. NBC said earlier on Monday that it would no longer air the "Miss USA" and "Miss Universe" pageants due to his comments. Spanish-language broadcaster Univision also said on Thursday it would not air the "Miss USA" pageant.

Ora TV, a production company co-founded by Slim and TV personality Larry King and funded by America Movil, cancelled a program it was working on with some of Trump's companies, Slim's spokesman and son-in-law Arturo Elias said.

"His statement was totally out of line...working with someone so closed-minded was not going to work," Elias said, adding that the comments were racist.

Trump, earlier this month, described migrants from Mexico to the United States as drug-runners and rapists.

Telecoms magnate Slim is the world's second-richest man, with a net worth of around $71.1 billion, according to Forbes. Trump is at number 405 on the list, worth $4.1 billion.
Atta boy, Donald. Way to show your true colours just in time for an election run.

8Y8Rm5J.gif

GIF of the year

The Donald just lost his presidential bid: link

link

Atta boy, Donald. Way to show your true colours just in time for an election run.

Well, he still hasn't filed any paperwork to run.

Though all this justifiable blow back and his some what toned down response leads me to believe this is for real.

What does he care, he is really rich you know.

Back