• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Re: OT: Canadian Politics

Love it. You guys are all beauties.

It's as if Ford actually did something bad to you other than look like a complete goof and smoke crack.

But sure "who cares if he croaks!".

It's as if Ford actually did something bad to you other than look like a complete goof and smoke crack.

Meh. Racist, homophobe, likely spousal abuser. You seem to want to gloss over these things by making it sound comical, "complete goof".

Other than sucking the same air I do, what exactly has he done to warrant any consideration? Honest question. Beyond being a human being and wishing no ill on anyone being a generally sound personal policy, why should I give a **** about him?

Meh. Racist, homophobe, likely spousal abuser. You seem to want to gloss over these things by making it sound comical, "complete goof".

Other than sucking the same air I do, what exactly has he done to warrant any consideration? Honest question. Beyond being a human being and wishing no ill on anyone being a generally sound personal policy, why should I give a **** about him?
That's generally enough for me to have compassion when someone is rapidly dying infront of our eyes - assuming he isn't some sort of violent criminal monster.

What has he done that makes you care about him?

Then you're a "better" person than I am. When I see someone who had just about every advantage in life (white male, born in Canada, to affluent, well connected family) and squandered it by not educating himself, becoming a morbidly obese, alcholic, drug addicted, racist, homophobic, juvenile bully of a prick. Well, yeah, I generally stop giving much of a **** about said persons personal outcome.

If he was a good dude, sure, but he's really not. He's pretty ****ing close to as bad a person as our society is capable of producing. He was just lucky enough to be born into a family where a complete waste of space could still end up a notable human being.

No feels. Just love the general hypocrisy.

You guys don't hate the man because he smoked crack - hell, Mindz you've commented before on doing rails in the past.

You hate him because he's an uber right wing politician. And that's totally fine, but at least have a touch of pause for a guy who is literally dying in front of the camera.

You guys don't hate the man because he smoked crack - hell, Mindz you've commented before on doing rails in the past.

You hate him because he's an uber right wing politician. And that's totally fine, but at least have a touch of pause for a guy who is literally dying in front of the camera.
Yeah, it's got to be that he's a right wing politician.

It has nothing to do with his incompetence, corruption, racism, homophobia, complete lack of shame, massive sense of entitlement, pathological lying about his personal and public life, domestic abuse, driving under the influence, numerous unexplained and likely drug, alcohol or laziness-related absences from the job he's paid a lot of tax dollars to do and his close friendships with criminals and associations with some of the most violent criminal gangs in the city.

****ing idiot.

Well...first off. There's a reason why the street names are "soft" and "hard" for the two substances. There's a slight difference in being a recreational cocaine user (which yes...I did, between the ages of like 22-28) and a "recreational" crack smoker (as in, there's no such ****ing thing) in your 40's.

If anything, my own recreational past gives me a better vantage point from which to look down my nose at his behaviour. As ****ed up as I was as a young adult, it pales in comparison to what this guy has been like in his 40's as a husband, father, and mayor of one of the world's most important cities. If coming from the background I came from, was able to 1) control my recreational use of various drugs so that they never effected the jobs I worked, relationships I had, etc & 2) Walk away from all of it when it was clear that my life needed to change, while he was not only unable to do anything remotely similar, but took a far, far shadier path, it says a lot about his general lack of character.

You keep saying this, but it doesn't get any more true with repetition. I severely dislike him because he's a useless, addicted, egotistical blowhard **********, racist, homophobic clown. If all he wanted to be was that, but in his private life, I truly wouldn't give a ****. He embodies the small minded idiot mentality that I grew up around.

As for him "dying in front of the camera", the **** is doing it by choice. He could have done the right thing and removed himself from public life (****...he should have done this over a year ago) and maybe we'd all feel bad for the troubled guy who looks like he's on his way out, but did the right thing at the end and probably regrets a lot of what he got up to. He isn't doing that though, is he?

When Layton died, how many people (including yourself Cork) brought up the fact that the man enjoyed his rub and tugs, and that for years he lived off Gov't housing.

Being ill does not wipe away all the crappy things someone's done. And if you just left it alone, LeafsGM and ME would have there opinions and done. But you bringing it up has them conjure all the crappy shiite the ford family has done.

He is exactly what was said,,, a privileged, white, big bully. So when the Bully finally gets punched in the face and something bad happens to him, we are supposed to forget all of the past and feel for him. Meh

Yeah, it's got to be that he's a right wing politician.

It has nothing to do with his incompetence, corruption, racism, homophobia, complete lack of shame, massive sense of entitlement, pathological lying about his personal and public life, domestic abuse, driving under the influence, numerous unexplained and likely drug, alcohol or laziness-related absences from the job he's paid a lot of tax dollars to do and his close friendships with criminals and associations with some of the most violent criminal gangs in the city.

****ing idiot.

Never mind the rest of it all, but could you imagine the squealing from Corky if it was an uber left wing mayor who had missed that much time from work due to obvious addiction issues? Like, if it was some stoner hippy who bathed himself and cut off his dreads in time to win an election and then proceeded to show up to work at noon every day because he was ripping bong hits until 4 am, Corks would be beside himself.

Back