• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

It's impossible that Habsy made up his own opinion. He must have been brainwashed by Fox News.

That is literally where we stand here, and what his argument is.

So you can quote where I stated his opinion is entirely based upon Fox News? Just because he repeats some of the fears and taglines they did, doesn't mean his entire opinion is based on that. But thanks for the leap of logic. It was fun.

Re: OT: Canadian Politics

But what are you basing this off of? Like I've already said, they don't have investigative arms and often/usually get incriminating data on politicians shortly before the media. I'm not sure what you have reasonable expectations here.

Take the example of the story I quoted. Have they lifted a finger yet?

By far the bigger scandal imo is that 2.29 gigs cost 20,000 dollars. We're talking about approximately 22 dollars in retail costs, so about 15 cents in actual bandwidth cost for the provider.

2.29 gigs is **** all

I'm really not sure what you're on about here. This is the situation broken down into sections

1) Senior provincial politician goes on personal trip (which he paid for himself) to Europe.
2) Said politician transfers 2.29 gigs of work files (AKA...**** all) while on vacation, not at all rare for high level professionals to deal with work matters while on vacation
3) Due to ridiculous roaming rates that the politician had no reason of knowing/thinking about (quick poll...how many of FI's professionals who carry work phones know what their corporate plan details are?...yep, thought so), he was charged a ridiculous amount of money for a pittance in data
4) His employer paid for the roaming charges

What was he supposed to do? Was he supposed to manage his own cell phone plan? How many senior managers in the world do shit like sit on hold with telus or worry themselves about the details concerning their company phones? If there was a **** up here, it's in his people not handling their bosses professional affairs properly. As a senior provincial politician it's entirely likely that he would go on trade missions to foreign countries, or other international events to promote Alberta business, immigration, etc. It's incredible that the people who manage his office details didn't have this handled for him.

Rob ford has an unspecified abdominal tumour and has been admitted to the Humber river church site for further evaluation.

Cue Doug ford stepping in to run for mayor...

Nice timing since it was announced today that Ford's former chief of staff will be releasing a tell all book about Ford a week before the election. And he is behind in the polls to Tory.

Sympathy vote?

Last edited:

Yikes. Tumor in the abdomen big enough to give him ER-level pain.

This is bad. Really bad.

His dad died of colon cancer 3 months after being diagnosed.

Poor guy. And his family.

Back