• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: MLB Thread

Its funny a former Xpo fan talks about the Blue Jays half assed attempts to compete.

Wasn't that the story of the Expos? Half-assed attempts to compete.... as soon as any player got good, they traded him away

I'm not even a Jays fan, but the irony here is pretty thick.

Its funny a former Xpo fan talks about the Blue Jays half assed attempts to compete.

Wasn't that the story of the Expos? Half-assed attempts to compete.... as soon as any player got good, they traded him away

I'm not even a Jays fan, but the irony here is pretty thick.

It's not ironic actually, since the Expos didn't have the same payroll flexibility as the blue jays. I would love the Blue Jays to win, they represent Canada, except they will never win sht with AA and the moves they make. The expos were just stroked around because of ownership and firesales, completely different, they never had a chance, the blue jays do, they just fk it up like every other team in Toronto.

Likely.

Most interested to see if they make a splash getting a replacement for Jeter or if they just sign Drew for cheap.

And hoping they sign Yoan Moncada.

Likely.

Most interested to see if they make a splash getting a replacement for Jeter or if they just sign Drew for cheap.

And hoping they sign Yoan Moncada.

Just watched the Other Guys on the weekend.

Marky Mark shot Jeter and the guy yells "why couldnt you have shot A-Rod?"
I chuckled.

Is Arod back this year?

Just read 100 million for five years for Sandoval. Giants had offered 95 over 5 with willingness to go to 100. Guess he wanted to be a Red Sox

It's not ironic actually, since the Expos didn't have the same payroll flexibility as the blue jays. I would love the Blue Jays to win, they represent Canada, except they will never win sht with AA and the moves they make. The expos were just stroked around because of ownership and firesales, completely different, they never had a chance, the blue jays do, they just fk it up like every other team in Toronto.

This.

Comparing the 2015 Jays to the late 90's- 2004 Expos is an apples to oranges argument. The Jays have owners with actual wealth, a lucrative broadcast deal and, for all of its shortcomings, a downtown stadium. The Expos never had any of those elements after Bronfman left the scene.

This.

Comparing the 2015 Jays to the late 90's- 2004 Expos is an apples to oranges argument. The Jays have owners with actual wealth, a lucrative broadcast deal and, for all of its shortcomings, a downtown stadium. The Expos never had any of those elements after Bronfman left the scene.

Just need natural grass, such a hokey Canadian thing to have synthetic stuff.

They won't get the pitcher they want... Cespedes has 1 year left on his deal... only a contender would take on a guy with one year left, and not contenders will unload a top pitcher at this point...

They will get the pitcher they want, they have one of the best farms in the entire MLB. Cespedes still has demand, there were 3-4 teams interested in him last week if not more. They could easily package 2 players and get a top arm, they have tons of high upside young outfielders.

The Red Sox "rebuild" is an expedited affair. Cespedes, Hanley, Panda . . . Nice job.

Cespedes with be traded soon and Martin had a higher WAR than both Panda and Hanely last season.

The last time the Red Sox over-spent it failed (Crawford, Gonzo, etc.) Right now Boston's starting rotation is in complete shambles. EE and Bautista's projected +wRC are higher than anyone on Boston. They have tons of work left to do.

Just like the Jays do.

Last edited:
Back