Page 279 of 279 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279
Results 5,561 to 5,568 of 5568

Thread: OT: MLB Thread

  1. #5561
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    61,944
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    Exactly and the sooner Shapiro and company realize a rebuild is required the better . Their window is shut with a slow decaying roster that has gutted its system for a fun filled 2 years of going for it .

    The Yanks timed it perfectly with solid drafting , excellent deals for prospects , and tons of salary coming off the books to add to their stable of kids .

    Jays have no hope of competing for 5 years and it gets worse if they think a few tinkering moves is all they need .

    They are now the Canucks of MLB.
    You and your rebuilds.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  2. #5562
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Next time you have coffee with Aquilini ask him what patching since 2012 has accomplished

  3. #5563
    Legend Habs4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    41,605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    Exactly and the sooner Shapiro and company realize a rebuild is required the better . Their window is shut with a slow decaying roster that has gutted its system for a fun filled 2 years of going for it .

    The Yanks timed it perfectly with solid drafting , excellent deals for prospects , and tons of salary coming off the books to add to their stable of kids .

    Jays have no hope of competing for 5 years and it gets worse if they think a few tinkering moves is all they need .

    They are now the Canucks of MLB.
    Stroman - 26
    Sanchez - 25
    Osuna - 22
    Donaldson is only a year removed from an MVP.
    Bichette & Guerrero Jr. are progressing well.
    Still a ton of possibility with Smoak and Travis if he can stay healthy.

    The future is nowhere near as dark as haters make it out to be.

  4. #5564
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
    Stroman - 26
    Sanchez - 25
    Osuna - 22
    Donaldson is only a year removed from an MVP.
    Bichette & Guerrero Jr. are progressing well.
    Still a ton of possibility with Smoak and Travis if he can stay healthy.

    The future is nowhere near as dark as haters make it out to be.
    cmom now

    JD is 32 and lucky to be a 100-120 game player moving forward. No chance Shaps inks him to a extension after next season

    Sanchez and his injury is a major long term issue. I wouldnt be surprised if he is moved to the bullpen at some point to rely rely on short innings and a fastball to save his arm

    Those kids are great potential but 2 years away from having any impact on this team .

    2/3 of this team needs an overhaul in 2 years or less. The only way your getting immediate talent is through trades and freeing up money and go shopping.

  5. #5565
    Legend BKerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    38,728
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    "JD is 32 and lucky to be a 100-120 game player moving forward."

    He is 31. Based on what is he going to miss 1/3 to 40% of each season? This is sillyness.

    "No chance Shaps inks him to a extension after next season."

    This might be true if he wants to test the market, but he's worth a hell of a lot in a trade if they decide they can't sign him.


    "Sanchez and his injury is a major long term issue. I wouldnt be surprised if he is moved to the bullpen at some point to rely rely on short innings and a fastball to save his arm "

    His arm? Its a ****ing blister, not a shoulder injury.

  6. #5566
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,655
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BKerr View Post
    "JD is 32 and lucky to be a 100-120 game player moving forward."

    He is 31. Based on what is he going to miss 1/3 to 40% of each season? This is sillyness.

    "No chance Shaps inks him to a extension after next season."

    This might be true if he wants to test the market, but he's worth a hell of a lot in a trade if they decide they can't sign him.


    "Sanchez and his injury is a major long term issue. I wouldnt be surprised if he is moved to the bullpen at some point to rely rely on short innings and a fastball to save his arm "

    His arm? Its a ****ing blister, not a shoulder injury.
    BJs are majorly screwed. You can spin it however you want, but next year JD is 32, (because all BJ fans know this year is donezo now). The fact is, he has 1 year left, isn't putting up 'mvp' numbers and will have even less trade value next year. Who knows what the deal is with Sanchez, no one goes on the DL 4 times for a damn blister, something is up.

    Ok, it's 'still early', wait, maybe it's isn't lol ...I can't really make fun of the fans, we go with the same 'there's always next year' mantra too.

  7. #5567
    Legend worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    65,462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
    BJs are majorly screwed. You can spin it however you want, but next year JD is 32, (because all BJ fans know this year is donezo now). The fact is, he has 1 year left, isn't putting up 'mvp' numbers and will have even less trade value next year. Who knows what the deal is with Sanchez, no one goes on the DL 4 times for a damn blister, something is up.

    Ok, it's 'still early', wait, maybe it's isn't lol ...I can't really make fun of the fans, we go with the same 'there's always next year' mantra too.

    https://theringer.com/mlb-pitching-b...s-d585997d1857
    ...

  8. #5568
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19,539
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: OT: MLB Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BKerr View Post
    "JD is 32 and lucky to be a 100-120 game player moving forward."

    He is 31. Based on what is he going to miss 1/3 to 40% of each season? This is sillyness.

    "No chance Shaps inks him to a extension after next season."

    This might be true if he wants to test the market, but he's worth a hell of a lot in a trade if they decide they can't sign him.


    "Sanchez and his injury is a major long term issue. I wouldnt be surprised if he is moved to the bullpen at some point to rely rely on short innings and a fastball to save his arm "

    His arm? Its a ****ing blister, not a shoulder injury.
    For health reasons - there is pretty much no reason to talk about the Jays in this thread. I would stick to the Leafs board on this one.

Page 279 of 279 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •