• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: MLB Thread

There is no reason to argue with Jay hating trolls. Esp. in a circumstance like this.

Halladay loved Toronto, and we loved him back. He will be on the Level of Excellence next season.

Moronic statement.

Did he win a world series in Philly?

He is a Blue Jay. 12 of his 16 seasons played in Toronto. There is a reason he signed a 1 day contract to retire as a Jay. Cy youngs, all stars, most complete games, dominant pitcher. That is the beauty of baseball. You can measure an individual despite the teams achievements.

He didn't win as a Phillie because my Giants kicked their ass that year ;). The Phillies certainly are claiming him big on twitter though. As I showed you, even his ESPN profile has him in a Phillie hat. Then again, I forgot he played for them, and hardly remember him as a Toronto player either.

That being said, no reason to shit on him. Many Toronto fans are legitimately in mourning over his death.

He didn't win as a Phillie because my Giants kicked their ass that year ;). The Phillies certainly are claiming him big on twitter though. As I showed you, even his ESPN profile has him in a Phillie hat. Then again, I forgot he played for them, and hardly remember him as a Toronto player either.

That being said, no reason to shit on him. Many Toronto fans are legitimately in mourning over his death.

Old age issues?

Never was anything close to a Blue Jays fan or even neutral about them, but the unexpected passing of a guy so many Canadians admired is always sad.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/big-o-montreal-olympic-stadium-roof-1.4396721

Something incredibly awkward about the Big O getting a $250 million roof.

I can't help to think that they would have been better off closing the stadium down Astrodome style. They could not sink any more money into the stadium and then not let it function. The cheapest option is likely to turn the lights off and keep the door locked.

It would cost more to tear it down than to keep it up and if it can get a roof that doesn't collapse under an inch of snow then the venue can be used for events that generate money, be it trade shows, large rock concerts, motocross, and perhaps the odd baseball game. There is no other venue in the city with even close to the same capacity.

Bullshit.

Vladdy was a slam dunk regardless of the fate of the PED cohort. He got in easily in only his 2nd year of eligibility.

Bullshit.

Vladdy was a slam dunk regardless of the fate of the PED cohort. He got in easily in only his 2nd year of eligibility.
With less than 500 HR which is supposed to be a benchmark.

400 more hits 300 more HR 500 more RBI and 900+ more hits for Bonds.

Still want to argue Guerrero should be in before Bonds in sport that is solely numbers bsed?

The crazy thing is that Bonds, even before steroids and beefing-up, had already like 3 NL MVPs and was already a sure-thing for HOF

Bonds was generational even when he was skinny little player with Pirates

He should be in....these writers are hypocrites, they made their careers off these steroid users making the game popular again

With less than 500 HR which is supposed to be a benchmark.

400 more hits 300 more HR 500 more RBI and 900+ more hits for Bonds.

Still want to argue Guerrero should be in before Bonds in sport that is solely numbers bsed?

Of course not, based on numbers. But Bonds and Clemons are excluded for different reasons.

But if you look at who got votes (including the PED crowd) and their year of eligibility, Vlad is an obvious slam dunk for the BHOF. It’s certainly not because Guerrero is being inducted that the Hall is “meaningless”. He earned it.

And 500 HRs is not a benchmark of any kind. Not sure where you get that.

As far as Bonds is concerned, I suspect he gets in his final year of eligibility.

Last edited:
The crazy thing is that Bonds, even before steroids and beefing-up, had already like 3 NL MVPs and was already a sure-thing for HOF

Bonds was generational even when he was skinny little player with Pirates

He should be in....these writers are hypocrites, they made their careers off these steroid users making the game popular again

Agree with all this. But that doesn’t delegitimize Guerrero’s induction. He deserves to be there.

Back