• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: MLB Thread

Exactly and the sooner Shapiro and company realize a rebuild is required the better . Their window is shut with a slow decaying roster that has gutted its system for a fun filled 2 years of going for it .

The Yanks timed it perfectly with solid drafting , excellent deals for prospects , and tons of salary coming off the books to add to their stable of kids .

Jays have no hope of competing for 5 years and it gets worse if they think a few tinkering moves is all they need .

They are now the Canucks of MLB.
You and your rebuilds.

Exactly and the sooner Shapiro and company realize a rebuild is required the better . Their window is shut with a slow decaying roster that has gutted its system for a fun filled 2 years of going for it .

The Yanks timed it perfectly with solid drafting , excellent deals for prospects , and tons of salary coming off the books to add to their stable of kids .

Jays have no hope of competing for 5 years and it gets worse if they think a few tinkering moves is all they need .

They are now the Canucks of MLB.

Stroman - 26
Sanchez - 25
Osuna - 22
Donaldson is only a year removed from an MVP.
Bichette & Guerrero Jr. are progressing well.
Still a ton of possibility with Smoak and Travis if he can stay healthy.

The future is nowhere near as dark as haters make it out to be.

Stroman - 26
Sanchez - 25
Osuna - 22
Donaldson is only a year removed from an MVP.
Bichette & Guerrero Jr. are progressing well.
Still a ton of possibility with Smoak and Travis if he can stay healthy.

The future is nowhere near as dark as haters make it out to be.

cmom now

JD is 32 and lucky to be a 100-120 game player moving forward. No chance Shaps inks him to a extension after next season

Sanchez and his injury is a major long term issue. I wouldnt be surprised if he is moved to the bullpen at some point to rely rely on short innings and a fastball to save his arm

Those kids are great potential but 2 years away from having any impact on this team .

2/3 of this team needs an overhaul in 2 years or less. The only way your getting immediate talent is through trades and freeing up money and go shopping.

"JD is 32 and lucky to be a 100-120 game player moving forward."

He is 31. Based on what is he going to miss 1/3 to 40% of each season? This is sillyness.

"No chance Shaps inks him to a extension after next season."

This might be true if he wants to test the market, but he's worth a hell of a lot in a trade if they decide they can't sign him.

"Sanchez and his injury is a major long term issue. I wouldnt be surprised if he is moved to the bullpen at some point to rely rely on short innings and a fastball to save his arm "

His arm? Its a ****ing blister, not a shoulder injury.

He is 31. Based on what is he going to miss 1/3 to 40% of each season? This is sillyness.

This might be true if he wants to test the market, but he's worth a hell of a lot in a trade if they decide they can't sign him.

"Sanchez and his injury is a major long term issue. I wouldnt be surprised if he is moved to the bullpen at some point to rely rely on short innings and a fastball to save his arm "

BJs are majorly screwed. You can spin it however you want, but next year JD is 32, (because all BJ fans know this year is donezo now). The fact is, he has 1 year left, isn't putting up 'mvp' numbers and will have even less trade value next year. Who knows what the deal is with Sanchez, no one goes on the DL 4 times for a damn blister, something is up.

Ok, it's 'still early', wait, maybe it's isn't lol ...I can't really make fun of the fans, we go with the same 'there's always next year' mantra too.

BJs are majorly screwed. You can spin it however you want, but next year JD is 32, (because all BJ fans know this year is donezo now). The fact is, he has 1 year left, isn't putting up 'mvp' numbers and will have even less trade value next year. Who knows what the deal is with Sanchez, no one goes on the DL 4 times for a damn blister, something is up.

Ok, it's 'still early', wait, maybe it's isn't lol ...I can't really make fun of the fans, we go with the same 'there's always next year' mantra too.

https://theringer.com/mlb-pitching-blister-increase-baseballs-d585997d1857

For health reasons - there is pretty much no reason to talk about the Jays in this thread. I would stick to the Leafs board on this one.

You don't live here so you don't know. Sure they show up when the team allegedly was in the race but in typical Vancouver style, disappeared when they wereb't.

Vancouver style?

I think all around North America, people aren't wearing jerseys in the streets (its different at the actual game), of teams about to miss the MLB playoffs.

You make the criticism as if this is unique to one city and fanbase... its not.

Vancouver style?

I think all around North America, people aren't wearing jerseys in the streets (its different at the actual game), of teams about to miss the MLB playoffs.

You make the criticism as if this is unique to one city and fanbase... its not.

Count is well known for his personal agenda's. Sometimes I forget that it's better to just let him talk to himself.

I just provided a link debunking his well known theory that there are no Jays fans in Vancouver - yet he still came back with a different way to claim that the facts are wrong.

Last edited:
Count is well known for his personal agenda's. Sometimes I forget that it's better to just let him talk to himself.

I just provided a link debunking his well known theory that there are no Jays fans in Vancouver - yet he still came back with a different way to claim that the facts are wrong.

You obviously cannot read.

Once Toronto's team was out of contention, the typical bandwagon fans in this shithole threw away all their Blue Jay stuff or put them in mothballs.

It is the same with the Seahawks. Allegedly this city loves that team yet the love apparently only started about 5 years ago because before that, you couldn't see a Seahawk jersey anywhere. There has also been a marked drop in the amount of Seahawk stuff here since Wilson threw the INT at the goal line in the SB a couple of years ago.

You might want to think you know more about this city than someone who lives here, but we all realize you talk more out of your ass than anything.

Once Toronto's team was out of contention, the typical bandwagon fans in this shithole threw away all their Blue Jay stuff or put them in mothballs.

It is the same with the Seahawks. Allegedly this city loves that team yet the love apparently only started about 5 years ago because before that, you couldn't see a Seahawk jersey anywhere. There has also been a marked drop in the amount of Seahawk stuff here since Wilson threw the INT at the goal line in the SB a couple of years ago.

You might want to think you know more about this city than someone who lives here, but we all realize you talk more out of your ass than anything.

You missed the point. How is this different from the fact that every city in the league sees the team jerseys placed in mothballs once the team is out of contention?

When a team is competing for a championship, their fans wear the gear more often in public? Wow, how novel? As if this isn't seen everywhere in the world, with every team?

i'm not sure what you are proving with these comments.

Yup.

Habs fans, love them or hate them, are not bandwagon fans.

I saw habs gear out the week that Ottawa knocked them out of the playoffs. In Ottawa.

I saw the same in Alberta when the price went down and the habs didn't make the playoffs. Habs fans wearing habs gear.

Blue jays fans though? Gone from this earth as far as I can tell.

Yup.

Habs fans, love them or hate them, are not bandwagon fans.

I saw habs gear out the week that Ottawa knocked them out of the playoffs. In Ottawa.

I saw the same in Alberta when the price went down and the habs didn't make the playoffs. Habs fans wearing habs gear.

Blue jays fans though? Gone from this earth as far as I can tell.

I've seen blue jays gear recently too. Nothing is 100%

But the fact is that you are not going to see near as much Habs gear after they are knocked out as you are going to see before. Same with Jays, same with any team.

There is no denying that you see more of every team's gear when they are winning than when they have lost.

Back