• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: MLB Thread

Yup.

Habs fans, love them or hate them, are not bandwagon fans.

I saw habs gear out the week that Ottawa knocked them out of the playoffs. In Ottawa.

I saw the same in Alberta when the price went down and the habs didn't make the playoffs. Habs fans wearing habs gear.

Blue jays fans though? Gone from this earth as far as I can tell.
They are second in the AL in attendance this season.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

Just last week in Minny there were thousands of Jays fans at the games. The Jays have a massive road game presence.

But ya.... they have no fans.

https://jaysjournal.com/2017/08/19/b...-unbelievable/

They wont be second next year , ticket packages , boxes etc.... were picked up due to last years success .

Now they are a distant third behind Boston /Yanks and they dont have anywhere near the core assets or spending power to match them .

I think you'll be surprised by how many tickets the sell again next year. It will take more than one year to fall off.

I think you'll be surprised by how many tickets the sell again next year. It will take more than one year to fall off.
They'll be lower next year, but yeah It's not going to fall off a cliff, especially if they put some effort to keeping a good team together.

They wont be second next year , ticket packages , boxes etc.... were picked up due to last years success .

Now they are a distant third behind Boston /Yanks and they dont have anywhere near the core assets or spending power to match them .

So many things wrong with this post:

1) Jays ticket prices go up every year, regardless of how they play.
2) They will do well at the box office again next season for sure. The 1992--1993 teams held a strong fan-base until 1998ish. In baseball new fan bases stick around on average for 2-4 years after good teams become mediocre.
3) The Jays have tons of spending power - the question is if Shatkins wants their own team or if ownership interjects and spends. They payroll goes up every single year for the Jays.

Last edited:
they don't have a good team this year,,,

Injuries and lack of effort from upper management (running with Barney and Goins all season long was borderline criminal) are to blame for that.

With less injures (i.e Donaldson, Tulowitzki, Happ, Travis and Sanchez) and proper moves from Shatkins the Jays will be right back in the wild-card mix forsure.

They are second in the AL in attendance this season.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

Just last week in Minny there were thousands of Jays fans at the games. The Jays have a massive road game presence.

But ya.... they have no fans.

https://jaysjournal.com/2017/08/19/b...-unbelievable/

Outside of toronto, no, don't see it.

And I have no issues with Torontonians supporting their club. It irks me when people, outside of toronto, who have never expressed a interest in baseball, suddenly start sporting a bunch of jays gear and their love of baseball.

Montrealers especially, since when is it cool to cheer for toronto anything?

I'm glad that they have all disappeared back into their holes though, hopefully not to be seen again for some time.

Outside of toronto, no, don't see it.

And I have no issues with Torontonians supporting their club. It irks me when people, outside of toronto, who have never expressed a interest in baseball, suddenly start sporting a bunch of jays gear and their love of baseball.

Montrealers especially, since when is it cool to cheer for toronto anything?

I'm glad that they have all disappeared back into their holes though, hopefully not to be seen again for some time.

I honestly don't know what you're talking about here.

My family lives in Victoria BC, Red Deer Alberta and Thunder Bay ON. I visit all 3 of those places often.

There are tons of Jays fans (regardless of record) in all those cities. I know many of them.

Sure, band-wagoners will jump on board when a team is doing well -- but it really shouldn't bother you so much that Canadians like it when the Jays do well.

I honestly don't know what you're talking about here.

My family lives in Victoria BC, Red Deer Alberta and Thunder Bay ON. I visit all 3 of those places often.

There are tons of Jays fans (regardless of record) in all those cities. I know many of them.

Sure, band-wagoners will jump on board when a team is doing well -- but it really shouldn't bother you so much that Canadians like it when the Jays do well.

My life is better when they suck shit.

your white privilege racism betrays you

Alt is black,,,

thatsthejoke.jpg

Back