• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The GOLF Thread (The Majors, etc.)

BURG

Mod Squad
Well, the first major of the golf season is upon us. Does anyone care? Will anyone be watching to see if Tiger can win? Anyone, besides worm, like golf?

Re: OT: The Masters - 2012

Some groups of note:

GROUP 15 - 10:35am ET

T. Woods, M. Jimenez, S. Bae

GROUP 26 - 12:47pm ET

M. Weir, B. Snedeker, W. Simpson

GROUP 31 - 1:42pm ET

A. Cabrera, R. McIlroy, B. Watson

GROUP 32 - 1:53pm ET

P. Mickelson, H. Mahan, P. Hanson

Well, the first major of the golf season is upon us. Does anyone care? Will anyone be watching to see if Tiger can win? Anyone, besides worm, like golf?

I got money on tiger winning the grand slam this year...got good odds. Made the best back in August.

Should be a sweet weekend. Really want to see Tiger vs Rory at the masters. Wanna see the habs lose, and the jays win.

Does Weir get a lifetime invite to this tourny because he won it a decade ago? Isn't he beyond crap now?

I like Tiger's or Phil's chances for this one.

I shudder at the thought of Eldrick winning. Golf is so much nicer when he is brutal and isn't winning.

Does Weir get a lifetime invite to this tourny because he won it a decade ago? Isn't he beyond crap now?

I like Tiger's or Phil's chances for this one.

It used to be lifetime....now I think there is a limit...but yes that is why he is there. He has some injury issues and is not basically as good as me.

Rory will win.

No worries about Eldrick. He may be in contention but the golf gods are no longer on his side. Look for Rory to make noise again, Cabrera usually plays well here. Mahan, Scott, Day. It's really a crapshoot.

hunter should do well

there is always somebody that comes outta left field

Some serious wrist problems for Mike seemed to completely derail him.

I entered that lottery to try to get tickets for next year. Even to see the par 3 event would be sweet. Arnold, Jack, Gary, etc.

Masters champions are automatically invited to play in the other three majors (the U.S. Open, the British Open, and the PGA Championship) for the next five years, and earn a lifetime invitation to the Masters. They also receive membership on the PGA Tour for the following five seasons and invitations to The Players Championship for five years. - wiki

I'm watching Masters coverage online, and during the coverage, Craig Stadler hit his second shot into Rae's creek on hole 13. You could easily hear him say "ahhhhh ****in' a$$hole". :lol

Last edited:

I'm watching Masters coverage online, and during the coverage, Craig Stadler hit his second shot into Ray's creek on hole 13. You could easily hear him say "ahhhhh ****in' a$$hole". :lol

Which site are you viewing it from?

Back