The venerable Lapin's son , Christopher ( Chris ) is getting married on Saturday , September 1 , 2012 . Lapin contacted the Habs' Adm phone line but all they could give him was an email address for the fan club ( fci@canadiens.com )

Lapin would like to send the follwing email to the Habs P.R. person , Donald Beauchamp or whoever is appropriate .. Can someone direct me ,, PLEASE :

Subject: Request

To Whom It May Concern ,

My name is Greg Walsh and I live in Halifax , Nova Scotia . I have been an avid live long ( 64 years ) Habs' fan and have followed the team since the late 1950s until present . Jean Beliveau was and always will be my favourite player . I passed along this love of the Canadiens to my son Chris ( Christopher ) and two daughters : Gillian and Lori . In fact , in 1996 our entire family , including my wife Sharon , drove 14 hours to Montreal to watch the last to games ever played in the Montreal Forum . What a memorable event that last night at the Forum was !

My son , Chris Walsh , and his fiancee , Stephanie Tufts , are being married on Saturday , September 1 , 2012 . The purpose of this email is to request that you or someone in the Canadiens' ' family ' send to this email address a brief note congratulating , on Canadiens' letterhead if possible , them on their marrige . This would be read out loud from the head table at the wedding reception .

By way of background , in 1993 when he was only 9 years old , Chris and I saw Game 2 ( stick measurement / comeback OT win ) of the Stanley Cup Finals at the Forum . Chris was a guest of the Make A Wish Foundation as he had leukemia as a 3 year old . Later that year , when Patrick Roy , Chris' favourite player , was in Halifax , Chris had his picture taken with him and received his autographed jersey . For the past 3 years , Chris and Stephanie have flown to Montreal to watch a game .

I hope you are able to honour this request . It would mean so much to Chris and Stephanie . Please reply to :

Greg Walsh
gwalsh@schalifax.ca

Thanks / Merci ,

Greg Walsh , C.A. , M.B.A.