• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

P.K. Subban

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairnova

News Breaker
InRodWeTrust990:
• Can't report as fact, but hearing from one credible source, would not be surprised if Habs announce new deal for PK Subban - four years, $22 mil.
• Obviously possible contract with Subban can't be announced until players agree to CBA. But four years/$22 million is the info that I have.

Re: 2012-2013 Montreal Canadiens

InRodWeTrust990:
• Can't report as fact, but hearing from one credible source, would not be surprised if Habs announce new deal for PK Subban - four years, $22 mil.
• Obviously possible contract with Subban can't be announced until players agree to CBA. But four years/$22 million is the info that I have.

Those numbers shock me. I would expect either a short term deal max 2-3 years at 4.5M or the new cap of 8 years but less dollars. Is he still RFA after a 4 year deal? I feel like he'd be UFA! It makes little sense to me...

That would be solid too well paid. I was hoping more along the line if 4 years 18 millions.

Those numbers shock me. I would expect either a short term deal max 2-3 years at 4.5M or the new cap of 8 years but less dollars. Is he still RFA after a 4 year deal? I feel like he'd be UFA! It makes little sense to me...

4 years is the absolute stupidest deal you can do, because 4 years is exactly when he becomes UFA.

Do 2 years (less money) or 6 years (and buy ufa years) if you are gonna give him 5.5 a year.

I think he would still be an RFA at the end.

Meaning they bought zero UFA years...5.5 seems steep for no UFA years (or at most 1 UFA year).

That said im not upset....was just hoping for less.

of course im not sure how reliable this report is

This will be his 3rd year in the league
so
ELC 1
ELC 2
RFA 1
RFA 2
RFA 3
RFA 4

6 years in the league...so not 7

turns 24 in may
...so that would make him 27 and a UFA

urmmm
ya...im not sold on this 4 year business
at least buy 1 year of UFA

I think he would still be an RFA at the end.

Meaning they bought zero UFA years...5.5 seems steep for no UFA years (or at most 1 UFA year).

That said im not upset....was just hoping for less.

of course im not sure how reliable this report is

PK's birthday is May 1989.

Meaning he will be 27 and eligible for UFA... starting on the July 1st 2016 UFA date.

4 seasons would take him through
2012-13
2013-14
2014-15
2015-16

Meaning he'd be UFA when the contract expired.

Edit: I see you editted and figured it out while I was posting.

ya
decided to do the math

4 years makes very little sense to me
if that is the deal im not too happy at all

but this is one of the reasons im not keen on forcing AG to play on the team if he is not in the top 6 this year

InRodWeTrust990:

If it that turns out to be true...........Don Meehan strikes again!

Re: Subban SIGNED!

Just a rumour for now. He can't sign until tomorrow.

Although, this is probably a correct rumour.

It's sort of an official leak. They can't really announce any deal until the NHLPA ratifies the CBA. But it's a done deal.

Dave Stubbs @Dave_Stubbs 35m
Much OTR background from @PKSubban1 on this; he knows Meehan & #Habs Bergevin are nego. pros; he waits for his agent's call when it's time

At that price might as well give him a 5th year so another season of no UFA.

Yeah if I were Bergevin I wouldn't wait four more years to address re-signing him. Before year #4 kicks in he should try to sign him to another 4-5 year deal (assuming, of course, that Subban lives up to his advance billing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back