• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

P.K. Subban

Status
Not open for further replies.
very possible that he thought," the team used their bridge contract leverage to the full hilt, I will use my full UFA leverage at the most optimal time"

Sounds like it...Bob McKenzie suggested the same thing moments ago. 2 sides to this story for sure.

PK is betting that it does. He now has more say on the matter than MB does. It's the CBA.

The more we wait, the higher it gets.

And if he becomes a UFA in 2016? Watch out, there's going to be a major bidding war for him & Stamkos.

Then why hasn't he traded PK yet?

You can get a KING's ransom for him.

But let's hold on to him as his value drops.

Seriously, I doubt his value will drop in a year or 2. It can only rise if you ask me.

What IF scenario: How devastating will it be IF the arbitrator sides with the Habs?

I don't think there's a chance in hell of it happening, but if the Habs representatives went down, dirty & ripped Subban apart at the hearing........

When Bill Stoneman was the Expos GM he was legendary for ripping his players to shreds in front of the arbitrator, to the point agents would beg Expos players to not show up at the hearings.

This could get ugly....

The more we wait, the higher it gets.

And if he becomes a UFA in 2016? Watch out, there's going to be a major bidding war for him & Stamkos.

So what? That's perhaps the day PK is dreaming of. The guy is a CEO/Athlete in the making.

If you haven't noticed, we do that with most of our players. We hold onto them until it's too late, because we are a 'playoff' team almost every year. That's part of the reason we don't have a cup in 20+ years.

Seriously, I doubt his value will drop in a year or 2. It can only rise if you ask me.

Every day a top end player approached UFA his value drops. No team will give you, what Subban is worth on the market knowing he has 1-yr to go before UFA, they will squeeze Bergevin to accept scraps.

Not in terms of trade value. Is Bobby Ryan worth more in a trade now, when he's 11 months away from becoming a UFA, or a year ago when he had two years before becoming UFA? Would any team in their right mind trade a 1st, a young, top-9 ELC roster player and a former first round pick still in Junior for Bobby Ryan right now?

If we traded PK tomorrow, for example, the team who receives him only has a guarantee of two years before he becomes a UFA. The more time is passed before trading, if he were to be traded, the lower his value becomes because there's less guaranteed time he sticks around. If he absolutely wants to become a UFA, he won't sign a long-term deal with the team he was traded to.

So what? That's perhaps the day PK is dreaming of. The guy is a CEO/Athlete in the making.

Then we need to trade him. If it isn't, we had plenty of time & opportunities to sign him longterm and we haven't.

And the longer we wait to sign him longterm, the more it'll cost us. The more it'll cost us, the harder it'll be to surround him with good players.

Why is Eller not a problem to overpay for, but PK, shit, can't have him making that much dough.

If we don't want him long-term, we better package him next summer at the draft for McDavid.

Then we need to trade him. If it isn't, we had plenty of time & opportunities to sign him longterm and we haven't.

And the longer we wait to sign him longterm, the more it'll cost us. The more it'll cost us, the harder it'll be to surround him with good players.

Why is Eller not a problem to overpay for, but PK, shit, can't have him making that much dough.

Dude, maybe it wasn't about overpaying or a longterm deal. PK might just be stubbornly only interested in being a UFA!

Dude, maybe it wasn't about overpaying or a longterm deal. PK might just be stubbornly only interested in being a UFA!

Read the first sentence of the post you quoted.

Then we need to trade him.

Bergevin could have started negotiating months ago. Hell, he could have started negotiating over a year ago.

But everything was done last minute and here we are.

If PK doesn't want to be here long-term, why haven't we traded him yet? Do you not think we could get a king's ransom for him? I'm talking possibly 2 young NHL roster players, a bluechip prospect, some draft picks.

What the **** is Bergevin doing?

Why can we overpay for Lars Eller, who outside of a lockout shortened season, is a career 30 point center with minimal offensive talent, but we're dicking around with Subban? Why can we overpay for Emelin before seeing him play one single game after recovering from a very serious knee injury, but we're diddling with our pricks with Subban?

@TSNBobMcKenzie: My uneducated opinion from afar: MTL likes, maybe really likes, Subban but doesn't LOVE him. And you have to LOVE someone at 8 x $8-9M+ per.

Is Subban a Delino DeShields who u can hopefully get a Pedro Martinez for or.....nevermind

Last edited:

not at all, he wants to be in Montreal but perhaps, he is tired of Bergevin not standing up for him, his coach screwing with him etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back