• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Michel Therrien

You also missed this tidbit that would please Sal

Therrien also noted that coaching tactics in the NHL have changed.

“These days it’s not like the old days that it’s my way or the highway,” he said. “It doesn’t work like that. You need to try first of all to build relationships with players, communicate a lot. I truly believe in those things, and teaching and the way you want them to play and the way you want them to compete. And our players, our young leaders really buy into that … this is a group that competes a lot. They work hard and I’ve got a lot of respect for my players.”

Yes because according to Geoff being able to duck hard questions in two languages is apparently the main job requirement for the head coach of the Habs.

Also, getting good regular season results is more important than winning in the playoffs.

Got it.

It also helps when you can make slightly favourable comparisons between your own team to a Detroit team that has been getting older and declining for the past three years.

Well, Geoff's beer company thinks giving someone $3 off a $40 case of beer is a big ****ing deal too.

He also pats the guys on the back alot

Well then, that settles it. Anyway, who cares if he yells or pats on the back. There's nothing wrong with either but from what I've read and heard, he's still the same old jerk of a coach that he's always been, just more polished with the media than he used to be.

Well then, that settles it. Anyway, who cares if he yells or pats on the back. There's nothing wrong with either but from what I've read and heard, he's still the same old jerk of a coach that he's always been, just more polished with the media than he used to be.

DD disagrees

I think he's more polished all around but there is still some of the old coach in there.

Apparently the Habs have offered Jacques Lemaire a consulting position.

OMG! There's actually a Jacques Lemaire sweepstakes going on?

Scotty Bowman should put himself on the market he'd probably get 8 mil a year to consult

We lose out on a UFA again. Not really. Does anyone think that Old Blockhead would listen to Lemaire's consults seriously?

Lamaire's style of play was never the most entertaining brand of hockey was it. So would you even want Therrien to listen to him?

Back