• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

MLB Dynasty League Discussion

Deckie007

Continued from the League Discussion....

I started a Fantrax League to see what could be done. Here's what I have so far:

Total Points Leauge
Weekly Lineups

$30 entry payable to: [email protected] (interac money transfer or paypal is fine)

Draft

30 rounds:

25 man MLB roster
5 man prospect roster

Draft start: March 2 @ 900 EST

Live "slow" online draft. We will use the Fantrax Draft Lobby to draft with a 9hr clock. After 9 hrs, your pick is skipped and the next manager will be on the clock. Fantrax will automatically email you when you are on the clock, so make sure you have the correct email listed.

Prizes:

After Fantrax Premium is paid for, remaining pot is paid out as following:

70% for Winner
20% for 2nd
10% for 3rd

---

Roster Positions

25 man major league roster (C,1B,2B,SS,3B,LF,CF,RF,UTIL) (5 SP+5 RP) (6 reserve)
15 man minor league roster (MLB 150 gp limit for hitters/MLB 50 appearance limit for pitchers)
Unlimited IR
---

Keepers

Keep 20 players

Prospects eligible for Minor League Roster up to 150 GP for position players and 50 appearances for pitchers.

Scoring
vGE22W1.png

---

Confirmed for entry

Axlsalinger
Blueman
BuffloSoldier
Cheech
Habsfan1
Deckie007
Montana
Hairnova
Fergy
Fitzgerald#11
Green Hornet
JaysCyYoung
Leafman
maryac8500
Matrim
MindzEye
MyNameIsJonas
Sid Bream's Wheels
Habspatrol

--

Managers in GREEN have paid for the upcoming season.

Last edited:
Re: MLB Dynasty League

In all the way. Need OBP and SLG for hitting statistics though.

As long as there's a way to make it per game we should use as many useful stats as possible. Any cumulative stat throws the standings out of whack.

I'd like to see maybe SBs go for 1 point and caught stealing go for -.3 or something like that.

I'm refining the scoring a bit...I'll keep editing the 1st post to reflect.

with countsing singles, doubles, triples, hr...as they are...we dont need a % stat like OPS so much.

As long as there's a way to make it per game we should use as many useful stats as possible. Any cumulative stat throws the standings out of whack.

Yeah, it's doable. Just need to figure out the values.

OBP:

300-400: 1pt
401-500: 2pts
501-750: 3pts
751-999: 4pts
1000: 5pts

Pulling these numbers out of my ass, btw. No idea how to score OBP.

Last edited:

with countsing singles, doubles, triples, hr...as they are...we dont need a % stat like OPS so much.

This is true. We could remove the counting stats and just give bonus pts for HRs and IBBs for example. That's another option.

I really dotn mind how you constructed it as is...and % stats could cause the same pain that it did for hockey with goalies.

We could also use net SB...another idea.

Personally I like having a successful SB worth more than a failed steal. Kinda like in the hockey league where we have face off wins worth more than you lose for a face off loss.

Have you started a league and input these numbers to see where top pitchers rank compared to top hitters?

Yeah, it's doable. Just need to figure out the values.

OBP:

300-400: 1pt
401-500: 2pts
501-750: 3pts
751-999: 4pts
1000: 5pts

Pulling these numbers out of my ass, btw. No idea how to score OBP.

If we're going to use OPS I like the idea of finding the middle ground and making anything above it positive and anything below it negative.
299 and under: -2pts
300-399: -1pt
400-499: 0pts
500-699: 1pts
700-899: 2pts
900-999: 3pts
1000-1199: 4pts
1200-1499: 5pts
1500+ 6pts

Back