• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Everything Tomas Plekanec.

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S. - Summer 2013

We're a better team with Chuckie, Plekanec and Eller down the middle than we would be with DD centering one of those lines.

The fact Briere has been brought in, the fact Eller has progressed into a good center and AG is getting close to starting to play center and oh yeah we have DD also is sooner than later making Pleks good trade bait.

We're a better team with Chuckie, Plekanec and Eller down the middle than we would be with DD centering one of those lines.

Yep...Not to be negative but I am quite concerned that DD will not bounce back and he'll continue to play like he did last year. He'd then be untradeable and easily MB's worst move thus far.

Yep...Not to be negative but I am quite concerned that DD will not bounce back and he'll continue to play like he did last year. He'd then be untradeable and easily MB's worst move thus far.

DD epitomizes one dimensional play. Actually Half a dimension in his case.

That's a pretty big "if".

- If Plekanec was 6'3" no one would be trying to trade him.
- If Leblanc was Nathan MacKinnon he'd still be in camp.
- If Ryan White wasn't a total liability he'd probably have a roster spot locked up.

That's a pretty big "if".

- If Plekanec was 6'3" no one would be trying to trade him.
- If Leblanc was Nathan MacKinnon he'd still be in camp.
- If Ryan White wasn't a total liability he'd probably have a roster spot locked up.

Who is trying to trade Pleks? Theres not a hope our best center is getting traded.
Leblanc is no Mackinnon so thats makes no sense
The third one ummm ok

DD can have a 60 point point season.. no reason why he cant. Then maybe can be traded

DD epitomizes one dimensional play. Actually Half a dimension in his case.

Agreed. But can still put up some points to make him more valuable to someone else.

If he scores 60 -70 points this year.. this will all be forgotten

I don't care how many point he gets the only thing that matters is how the team plays in the playoffs... if we make them this year. Last year was the classic case of a team being impressive in the regular season and a dud in the playoffs when everything tightens up. Most pundits had Ottawa beating us before round 1 started last year and unless we get bigger this season it will be the same call by pundits again in April... again, if we make the playoffs.

In 2010 we beat the Pens and Caps because they played finesse type hockey against us and we were and still are a good finesse team but the Flyers played tough hockey in round 3 and we were no match.

You can be sure as the jockeying ended for the final few playoff positions last season almost all the bottom 4 teams hoped they had us in round 1. That's not exactly an endorsement of our squad.

I don't care how many point he gets the only thing that matters is how the team plays in the playoffs... if we make them this year. Last year was the classic case of a team being impressive in the regular season and a dud in the playoffs when everything tightens up. Most pundits had Ottawa beating us before round 1 started last year and unless we get bigger this season it will be the same call by pundits again in April... again, if we make the playoffs.

In 2010 we beat the Pens and Caps because they played finesse type hockey against us and we were and still are a good finesse team but the Flyers played tough hockey in round 3 and we were no match.

You can be sure as the jockeying ended for the final few playoff positions last season almost all the bottom 4 teams hoped they had us in round 1. That's not exactly an endorsement of our squad.

Go check his stats. His playoff numbers are very similar to reg season. This myth that Pleks doesnt play well in the playoffs.. Well its a myth. Also his penalty killing is one of the best on the team.

Who is trying to trade Pleks? Theres not a hope our best center is getting traded.
Leblanc is no Mackinnon so thats makes no sense
The third one ummm ok

DD can have a 60 point point season.. no reason why he cant. Then maybe can be traded

No one is trying to trade Plekanec? Have you read any other postings on here lately?

As for the other two, they're no more far fetched than DD scoring 70 points.

No one is trying to trade Plekanec? Have you read any other postings on here lately?

Post on a forum does not actually mean getting traded. Kind of big difference there.

DD scored 60 points in 2011-12 season. Had 28 points last year in half a season. (which was an off year). He cannot play defense for crap but can put up point. I also said 60-70 points. Not 70.

So exactly were is the reasoning why he cannot score 60-70 points? Odds are in favor that he will.

Last edited:

Post on a forum does not actually mean getting traded. Kind of big difference there.

DD scored 60 points in 2011-12 season. Had 28 points last year in half a season. (which was an off year). He cannot play defense for crap but can put up point. I also said 60-70 points. Not 70.

So exactly were is the reasoning why he cannot score 60-70 points? Odds are in favor that he will.

I was refering to posts on this forum, so you misunderstood...and DD will not score 70 points.

Go check his stats. His playoff numbers are very similar to reg season. This myth that Pleks doesnt play well in the playoffs.. Well its a myth. Also his penalty killing is one of the best on the team.

He doesnt play well in the playoffs.. he has yet to elevate his game in the playoffs, NOT ONE PLAYOFF... no myth there

I would be trying to trade him if I was the gm... Plek is not our future, cash in before it is too late..

He doesnt play well in the playoffs.. he has yet to elevate his game in the playoffs, NOT ONE PLAYOFF... no myth there

This team will never advance in the playoffs as long as 51, 21, 61 and 55 are relied on to play big minutes. Anything more than zero is considered big minutes.
That's 2 fwds in the top 6 and 2 dmen in the top 4 that are a crutch for this team.

Tis why it is totally irrelevant to worry about tools like Drewiske and Parros. Those guys are regular season book ends only.

This team will never advance in the playoffs as long as 51, 21, 61 and 55 are relied on to play big minutes. Anything more than zero is considered big minutes.
That's 2 fwds in the top 6 and 2 dmen in the top 4 that are a crutch for this team.

Tis why it is totally irrelevant to worry about tools like Drewiske and Parros. Those guys are regular season book ends only.

What is your point to me? None of those players have any trade value like Plek has.

Back