• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2013-2014 Miscellaneous League News and Discussions

Where have you gone Tie Domi and Rob Ray?

Kessel deserves a suspension for sure for that dangerous stickwork.

Was at the game, first game I've been able to go to in a couple years now. Can assure you the "lowlights" were from the rest of the game which was a complete snoozefest. The line brawl was pretty awesome though, quite enjoyed Bernier vs. Miller.

I think goalies fighting in pre-season is as stupid as it gets. There is absolutely no point to it and you only risk losing a guy that is not going to be easy to replace. Don't get me wrong, there is a time and place for a goalie fight but it is surely NOT in the pre-season.

Swing stick at player while jersey tucked in is another 15 game suspension as someone could get hurt from the careless use of said jersey.

Swinging your stick at players AND a tucked in jersey? Throw the book at him NHL...he should be suspended for the entire season. Maybe the NHL will wake up once someone's career ends due to injury caused by a tucked jersey. They should create a new 'Department of player fashion' and review every minute of every game looking for tucked jerseys and start handing out serious suspensions.

Being serious, Kessel deserves at least a game for the stick swinging. There is no place in the game for that, ever. Doesn't matter if he made contact with anyone or not.

It almost looks like he hit one of his own players across the back of the leg. How ironic would that have been, if he had injured another Leaf?

Although there's a good lumberjack joke in there, as Scott is about the size of a redwood!

I think goalies fighting in pre-season is as stupid as it gets. There is absolutely no point to it and you only risk losing a guy that is not going to be easy to replace. Don't get me wrong, there is a time and place for a goalie fight but it is surely NOT in the pre-season.

Video game move. Looks fun, but is ultimately stupid.

Gotta love the NHL suspension center...10 game automatic suspension to come off the bench to join an altercation but chopping guys down with a stick and open season head shots to end a players career gets you about 3 to 4 games most of the time. Sorry, but something is dreadfully wrong there.

Dvorak's future as a Carolina Hurricane is looking more certain.

This week should be interesting with many teams waiving players to reduce roster sizes and other teams trying to get to that cap limit by making trades. Maybe JR still finds a useful winger for his second line later this week.

From a fan's perspective... we pay a lot of money for those preseason tickets and for a lot of people there last night it might be the only game they're able to get tickets to all year. So I gotta say, I loved it and have no problem with it. The crowd was absolutely loving watching Miller get filled in. It pretty much made the game for me.

This week should be interesting with many teams waiving players to reduce roster sizes and other teams trying to get to that cap limit by making trades. Maybe JR still finds a useful winger for his second line later this week.

Cap considerations aside (and we're unlikely to take on salary), I don't see anybody's 14th or 15th best forward being better than our 9th. I do, however, see almost anybody's 8th or 9th best defenseman being better than our 6th.

Back