• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2013-14 Season

Gainey set this franchise back with the Mcdonagh trade.

We'd be sitting with two under 25 Norris trophy potential dmen.

That's huge if you want to have a contender...two elite dmen as your #1 and 2.

Gainey set this franchise back with the Mcdonagh trade.

We'd be sitting with two under 25 Norris trophy potential dmen.

That's huge if you want to have a contender...two elite dmen as your #1 and 2.
and wouldn't be even discussion about having back Markov or not , could trade him for a first rounder.

The Habs have signed Connor Crisp to a three-year ELC and college free agent Daniel Carr to a two-year ELC.

Carr is a 22-year-old, 6'0", 195-pound winger who had 157 points in 160 games over four years at Union, including 50 points in 39 games this season.

Yeah, me neither. Worse comes to worst, he's a fourth line center who's defensively capable.

The Habs are back on the ice this morning. Still no Galchenyuk.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Vanek
Prust - Plekanec - Gallagher
Bourque - Eller - Gionta
Bournival - Briere - Weise
(Moen - White - Parros)

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Bouillon - Weaver
(Murray - Tinordi)

The Habs are back on the ice this morning. Still no Galchenyuk.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Vanek
Prust - Plekanec - Gallagher
Bourque - Eller - Gionta
Bournival - Briere - Weise
(Moen - White - Parros)

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Bouillon - Weaver
(Murray - Tinordi)

According to Pat Hickey, 27 will not likely not be ready to go until the next round - he claims the original prognosis was 4-6 weeks.

Article on Weise I found interesting...

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/04/24/winnipegs-dale-weise-in-habs-hockey-heaven

But not for a kid whose North Kildonan home was always decked out in Montreal Canadiens paraphernalia.

“Go to their house right now, you’ll see Montreal stuff,” Weise, on the phone from Montreal, said of his parents’ place. “Even when I was playing for Vancouver, I had Montreal stuff everywhere. That’s always been our team, growing up.”

Claimed on waivers by Vancouver, Weise began to establish himself with the Canucks, playing the better part of two seasons.

“And then John Tortorella gets hired in Vancouver — and we were back at Square 1,” Weise said.

All of a sudden Weise is getting a regular shift on the fourth line, which in Montreal makes you a household name and immediately recognizable on the street.

But he doesn’t have to make any fans in a certain North Kildonan home.

“They’ve got to get here to see some games,” Weise said. “I told him them, ‘You haven’t seen anything like this.’ ”

Torts probably doesn't like Weise because he has some size but isnt overly physical. He wants his 4th line players to be bangers.

Back