• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2013-14 Season

I thought he looked lethargic on the ice in the past few games. I wonder if it is lower body (groin/leg)

Agreed. He didn't have the usual explosiveness in his stride. Let's hope it's just injury.

Had to laugh.

Bl4CTC0CQAAMbnv.jpg

Thank you Waz - as I posted earlier Galchenyuk likely has a partial tear, they're waiting for the swelling to subside, which takes usually around 1-month. My guess, they'll pop a brace on his knee & he'll be ready to resume practice sometime next week-10 days.

I'll let our resident Doc Cheliosity correct the guesswork....

There is some guesswork here, but I was thinking 2nd degree sprain as well, based on timeline and because it is common. You are right that a 2nd degree sprain means some tearing of ligament (fibers). There can be non ligamentous injuries (eg. meniscus) but often these guys get an arthroscope to clean that up, and I dont think he did.

They don't need to rush him...even if healthy I'm not sure MT puts him in the lineup in game 1 of round 2

I think if Ginette Reno kisses AG on the kneecap, everything will be fine.

Vanek apparently has some sort of lower body injury that he's been playing with for a few games now. The rest will do him good.

Last edited:
Another Gauthier blunder.

Kreider was BPA at our slot. Waste a pick on a local kids for a few applauds and miss out on another big, fast winger that would look great with Max.

Kreider was BPA at our slot. Waste a pick on a local kids for a few applauds and miss out on another big, fast winger that would look great with Max.

The org screwed up, as McGuire said when the Habs convinced LL to go to juniors - LL should've stayed a full 4-ys at Harvard got bigger & stronger like Killhorn before going to the AHL.

wasn't goat dude , was Gainey and i don't blame him on this one , if Habs wouldn't go after Le Blanc , whole Québec would kill him ..

The org screwed up, as McGuire said when the Habs convinced LL to go to juniors - LL should've stayed a full 4-ys at Harvard got bigger & stronger like Killhorn before going to the AHL.
is easy to say when player fail . you don't know , each case is different . no one knows if LL would become NHLer by playing 4 years in harvard.

from day one i wasn't a fan of Le Blanc .but to be honest is not like players drafted after him had amazing career in NHL,Kreider probably..

Like I said Gautier. Gainey was nothing but a figurehead at that point.

Gainey should of hired something better than a goat to do his heavy lifting.

I judge a boss man partly by who they hire.

I certainly didn't applaud when I was sitting there in the Bell Centre when his name was called.

Back