• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2013-14 Season

Therrien said in his presser to not go by the lines seen today as it was a special teams practice

So, part of de la Rose's deal is that he can go back and play in Sweden next year if he doesn't make the Habs.

A bit of talk on De La Rose on twitter...some believe he has the makeup to battle for a spot as early as next year being as he's already been playing against men.

Another interesting tweet is that the Leafs were apparently very high on him.

So, part of de la Rose's deal is that he can go back and play in Sweden next year if he doesn't make the Habs.
Why is it the Wings can get Swedes to come over and spend upwards of 5-yrs in the "developmental leagues" (Nyquist - 3yrs NCAA + 2yrs AHL), and the Swedes the Habs draft have conditions they'll never go to Hamilton or juniors - small data size of 2 (DLR & Nygren)! :smilewinkgrin:

First off, need to get the fcuk out of steel city, move the AHL team as long rumored to a Mtl suburb - hopefully that'll help a little, but need a longterm strategy for Europeans who seemingly have less & less interest for apprenticing in Hamilton.

Last edited:
Why is it the Wings can get Swedes to come over and spend upwards of 5-yrs in the "developmental leagues" (Nyquist - 3yrs NCAA + 2yrs AHL), and the Swedes the Habs draft have conditions they'll never go to Hamilton or juniors.

First off, need to get the fcuk out of steel city, move the AHL team as long rumored to a Mtl suburb - hopefully that'll help a little, but need a longterm strategy for Europeans who seemingly have less & less interest for apprenticing in Hamilton.

I was just thinking the same...the ultimate location of course is Laval as it's minutes away from downtown Montreal.

There's chatter here and there about the rink in Laval they're trying to build and less than a month ago I read the latest article on the project.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...-arena-to-cost-50m-more-in-overruns-1.2577305

I was just thinking the same...the ultimate location of course is Laval as it's minutes away from downtown Montreal.

There's chatter here and there about the rink in Laval they're trying to build and less than a month ago I read the latest article on the project.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...-arena-to-cost-50m-more-in-overruns-1.2577305
Playing devils advocate: the Wings manage to get players to play in an equivalent dump.......Grand Rapids.

So there's more to it, the Habs strategy, re:selling their org needs to be revisited, maybe Illitch is dangling some prime trim to attract prospects, dunno....

It also helps when your AHL franchise has success. Hamilton hasn't made the playoffs since MB took over.

Laval’s new Place Bell arena will cost double its original estimate because of costs not factored in by the city's previous administration, said Mayor Marc Demers.

Former mayor Gilles Vaillancourt in 2012 announced the arena would cost $92.6 million. He then revised the estimate nearly a year later to $150 million.

Today Demers announced the 10,000-seat arena would actually cost $200 million.

Shit never changes in Quebec. Corruption is ridiculous.

Lines at practice:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Vanek
Prust - Plekanec - Gallagher
Bourque - Eller - Gionta
Bournival - Briere - Weise
(White, Parros)

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Bouillon - Weaver
(Murray - Tinordi)

Lines at practice:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Vanek